Before we start explaining how to make a new form using Google Drive, we first must explain what Google Forms are in general.
What are Google Forms?
Google Forms is a way to collect some of the data by asking questions that others can answer. It is a way to get feedback if you are working for some kind of company, or you are maybe a teacher looking for a way to test out their student’s knowledge in the online learning system. For whichever reason you want to use Google Forms, just know that they are great, easy to use, and easy to make. This article will show you how to make your own Google Form using your Google Drive. Keep reading the article for a detailed and full step-by-step guide.
Steps to do it:
- First, you will have to open your preferred browser on your device (it is better if you use your PC for this, it makes everything easier).
- After opening your browser, you must log into your Gmail account. If you are already logged in, just skip to the next step.
- Open your Google Drive by using Google Apps and find it there, or just simply type Google Drive into your search bar on Google.
- You are now going to have to click on the New button. It is a big blue button that should be located somewhere on the top left side of your computer screen.
- When a smaller tab opens, move your cursor to the More button and click on it.
- Some new options are going to show up in the drop-down menu. Select the first option, the Google Forms option, and click on it.
- You will then see a new window on your screen where you should type in the name of the form you are making. Right there, you will also be able to choose the color of the form you are making. Also, in the Description box, you can add some kind of description to your form. For example, what is that form about, how many questions it has, just basic information about it.
- You should now start making the questions. Click the + button in the right corner to add a new question.
- There are more than a few options on how you want the answer and the question itself to look like. Choose whichever you want to. You can set the answer to be in the form of a Paragraph, CheckBox, Multiple choice answers, Short answers, and many types of Grid answers.
- You can rearrange the positions of the answers. Just place your cursor on that question, hold it, and move it to another place. If you cannot move the questions this way, click on the six dotted buttons at the top of that question. You will be able to see the grid of that question you are editing, and now you can move the answers around.
- To delete some questions from your form, simply click on that question so you can edit it. When the small menu appears on the right side of that question, click on the trash can logo, and the question will be deleted.
- When you are done making up and creating the questions for your Google Form, you can preview it before you save it and share it with others. To do that, click on the Preview button at the top of your form.
- And finally, when you finish editing the form, click on Send and choose how you want to send your form, and you are all done!
Join our newsletter 🎉Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on what's happening in the tech world. It's that simple.
- Latest Tech News
- Exclusive Tech Deals