If the default search engine is accidentally changed in your system or if you are bored using the same search engine for years and looking to make some change, it can be always done just by going through some easy steps. When the default search engine is changed to something else, such as Yahoo, Bing, etc. you might be a bit uncomfortable at first, and maybe you’ll want to go back to the previous one. So, if you are eager to know how to change your default search engine, read on the article to learn the process in details.
The process of how to change your default search engine differs depending on the browser you are using. Process for every browser is explained here one by one.
Also, if your Firefox is not responding properly, learn how to fix Firefox not responding error
Read also- How to change search engine Safari in iPhone
Way to change default search engine Firefox:
- There are step by step processes to change search engine Firefox successfully where you are first required to launch the browser.
- Next, click on the menu located at the top right corner of the window indicated by three horizontal bars.
- Click on ‘options’ and a new window will be displayed.
- Click on ‘search’ located at the top of the screen and the enabled search engine in the browser will be displayed.
- Next, move to the drop-down box and select the search engine you want. It will successfully change search engine Firefox.
Way to change search engine in Chrome:
- If you are eager to know how to change your search engine in Google Chrome, here is the process.
- First, click on the menu (the three horizontal bars) at the top right corner of the browser.
- Select the option ‘settings’ located at bottom. You will see a drop-down box here under ‘search’. Just click on that.
- Most of the common search engines will be listed in that drop down box from where the required one is to be selected as the default search engine. This is how to change your search engine in Chrome.
Way to change search engine in Internet explorer:
If you are using Internet Explorer and want to change the default search engine in that browser, follow the step by step process explained below:
- First launch the browser and click on ‘Tools’ that you will find out in the top-right corner of the browser.
- Next, select ‘manage add-ons’.
- Click on the option ‘search providers’ from the left panel and it will display the
enabled search engine in IE in the right panel.
- What you need to do is just select the search engine you desire and click on the button ‘set as default’ at the bottom. That’s it and you are done with the search engine changing process.
Way to change default search engine Opera:
- Changing the default search engine in opera is as simple as the process to change default search engine Firefox. Here, the first thing you have to do is launch the app and click on the menu option located at the top left corner of the window.
- Next click on ‘settings’ and a new window will appear on the screen.
- You will notice a drop-down box there containing the
enabled search engine in your Opera browser.
- Select the desired one and it will be set as the default search engine in Opera.
Way to change default search engine in Safari:
If you are using Safari as the default browser, the process of how to change your default search engine is simple and it is explained here.
- Open the browser first.
- Click on the magnifying glass located next to the search field.
- This will show you the available search engine in Safari. Just select the one that you wish to set as the default and that’s it.
So, you are now aware of the search engine changing process in every browser and you can make the changes easily.
Must read- How to DVD rip with HandBrake