How To Back Up And Restore Data On Nokia Lumia 920
Microsoft phones have their own place in the smartphone world, and for many people, these phones are the first and only choice. Nokia Lumia 920 is one of the most popular models. It has a 4.5-inch display, 768 x 1200 resolution, 1.5-GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM, 32 GB of internal storage, 8-megapxel camera and it’s packed with some really interesting features. The only thing that doesn’t impress any of us is its price and even though it was launched more than three years ago, it still is a pretty expensive device. If you are planning to update the software or perform a factory data reset anytime soon, it is advisable to backup all that is important to you, and after the factory reset is completed, you can restore your data. Here, we are going to show you how to back up and restore data on Nokia Lumia 920.
You may also read: How To Fix Signal Keeps Dropping On Nokia Lumia 920
How to back up and restore data on Nokia Lumia 920
Every once in a while, you should backup your data, just in case. As we mentioned, if you are planning to perform a factory reset on your Nokia Lumia 920 or to update the software, and if you don’t want to lose all your data, the first thing you need to is to backup all that it is important to you, and once you are done you will be ready for the reset.
To back up your Nokia Lumia 920, you will need Microsoft account. Follow these steps:
- Go to the start screen and swipe down from the top
- Tap All Settings and select “backup”
- Sign in to your Microsoft account when asked
- Next, choose what to back up (things such as your photos, videos, settings, text messages, etc.) and how.
When you are setting up a new phone, or when you are done with a factory reset or software update, you will see a message on the screen saying “Welcome to your Windows phone”.
- Tap on Get started > Next, click on Accept, and then sign in to your Microsoft account (the same one you used for backup)
- You will be asked if you want to restore your Nokia Lumia 920, and here, click on the name of your device and tap Next
- The message “Preparing to restore” will show up on the screen, and once again tap Next.
- Once restore process is completed click, you will see a message “Thank you for choosing Nokia”, click accept.
When you want to restore your files, just sign in to your Microsoft account and the content will be automatically restored.
Image Source: www.gizmodo.com.au