Instagram has become a popular platform globally. It is currently the best social media platform that allows us to post images online to share with our followers, friends, and family. One of the more commonly used functions is Instagram Story. This feature allows us to create polls and give updates about our lives that may fade within 24 hours. Instagram Story also has a feature that allows us to add music to match the mood we want to convey to our followers. In this article, we will cover how to add music to our Instagram Story.
See also: How to add another account on Instagram
Solution 1: Using Instagram Music Sticker
The Music sticker is an in-app feature that allows your followers to listen to music while scrolling through your Instagram Story. However, this feature is only available in selected countries.
- From your mobile device, launch Instagram.
- When the app is ready, you will likely start on the home page with your Instagram feed. At the top, there will be Instagram stories posted by people you follow. On the far left, there will be a circle with your profile picture. Click on that circle to create a new Instagram Story.
- You can take a new picture by clicking on the white circle once. You may also take a new video by holding down on the white circle. Otherwise, you may choose a picture or video from your photo library by clicking on the square at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- After you have selected the media file that you want to post, shift your focus towards the icons on the top right of your screen. Select the sticker function. It should be the third option, represented by a square with a folded corner icon.
- Scroll through the stickers until you find the Music sticker. Click on it once you have located it.
- A new screen will pop-up containing many songs that you can choose to add. You can type the name of the song or album into the search bar to look for a specific song. You may also search within genres to find music that suits the content you are posting.
- Click on the song that you want to add to your Instagram Story. From there, you can select the portion of the song that you want to play as well as the duration it will be playing for.
- When you are done, a sticker with the music will be added to the story you have created. Move and adjust the sticker. You may even add a Sound On sticker to your Story to alert your followers to turn on the volume.
Solution 2: Using external software
For people residing in countries where Instagram Story is not available, you can use third-party tools that can be found online. We will be using Clideo as an example.
- From your browser, go to clideo.com
- When the page loads, click on all-tools. Then, select the tool: Add Music to Video.
- Click on the plus (+) icon within the blue box to choose a file to upload. The files can be uploaded from Google Drive, Dropbox or within your device.
- Once it has been uploaded and processed, add your selected music. Similarly, the music has to be added from your device’s storage, Dropbox or Google Drive
- The software will add the music to your video. You can trim and adjust the volume to your liking.
- When you have finished, hit the Create button. Then, download the video file that you have created.