Emails are still used as a form of communication. Although it is slower compared to messaging, they still are a commonly used form of communication. Furthermore, managing a new account on a platform may require us to verify our emails to gain access. Thus, it is important to have quick access to our inbox. While many of us read emails on a laptop, some of us may want to read them on an iPad because it has quite a large screen. In this article, we will explore the different ways to add emails to your iPad.
See also: How to lock screen on iPad
Methods and steps to follow
Method 1: Downloading the email provider’s apps
Almost all major email providers such as Gmail and Yahoo Mail have made compatible applications that can be installed on your iPad.
- Launch the AppStore on your iPad. Log in to your Apple ID account if you have not done so.
- Search for your email provider.
- Download the appropriate email application.
- Go back to the home page and launch the app you have just downloaded. Sign in to your account.
Method 2: Using the Mail app on your iPad
In some cases, we may have multiple email accounts from different email providers. This makes it a hassle to download and manage the different apps for each email. Hence, we will make use of the pre-loaded Mail app within our iPads.
For users on iOS software version 10 and above:
- From the home screen of your iPad, locate the Settings app. Click and launch this app.
- Scroll down until you find the settings for Password & Accounts. Click on this option.
- Under accounts, there will be an option for iCloud and another to Add Account. Select the latter to enter your email account details.
- You will be redirected to another page. On this page, select the email provider that you have an account on. If your email provider is not listed, skip to after step 7.
- Fill in your email address and password at the appropriate spaces.
- Click on Next. Your iPad will verify the email account and bring you back to the settings page when it is done. You can choose to import and link your contacts and calendar app to your email.
- Repeat the steps from 1 to 6 until all your email addresses have been added to your iPad.
Although the major email providers have been linked, some other email providers have not been listed. You can choose to continue adding an account by using the following steps.
- Follow steps 1 to 4 from above.
- Once you have reached the list of email providers, select the last option, Other, to add your email provider.
- Fill in the details for name, email address, password and a description of the email. Mail will attempt to find the email listed, if not you may need to provide the details manually.
- Choose between IMAP or POP for your email account. Then, fill in all the necessary details. If you are unsure of the information needed to be filled in, contact your email provider. When you are done, tap Next.
- The details of your email will be provided. Check through the information and edit any incorrect info. When it is accurate, click Save.
For users on iPads with iOS software version 9 and below, instead of searching for Accounts & Passwords within the Settings app at step 2, look for Mail, Contacts, Calendars. After that, all the steps will be the same as for iOS software version 10 and above.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.