An enlightening and shockingly detailed new leak on GTA 6 has made its way online and has spread through the gaming world like wildfire. By the looks of it, this leak looks pretty serious, and if the things said in it turn out to be true, then users should expect a really immersive and badass gaming experience from GTA 6. The hype around GTA 6 is way too high already, with it being unofficially labeled as one of the most highly anticipated video games in the world right now. So it goes without saying that a major leak on GTA 6 at such a time has shaken the gaming world and broken the internet.
The Reddit leak
The aforementioned leak came in a now-deleted thread on Reddit. It was a hefty bullet-point list released by Reddit user JackOLantern1982 that gave us a lot of insights into the upcoming Grand Theft Auto 6. Some of these were pretty big claims like the game will be set across decades while spanning multiple cities, and covering the story of drug cartels, all in Netflix’s Narcos inspired style. Without further ado, let’s check out the leaks made by JackOLantern1982-
- GTA 6 has been in the works since 2012. However, production began only in 2015, but even then Take-Two was more focused on RDR 2.
- The project’s been codenamed ‘PROJECT AMERICAS.’
- The gameplay will run through both Vice City and a new city-inspired from Rio de Janeiro.
- There will be some missions that will take place in Liberty City, although the city won’t be able to explore in open world.
- The game will have better graphics than GTA V, but not as realistic as those in RDR 2.
- There will be only one playable protagonist, and it will be a ‘he’, despite so many previous rumors claiming that there will be multiple playable characters, including a female.
- The game will be set in 1970s-1980s, and gameplay will span through multiple timelines. The game may also have a 70s-80s themed soundtrack.
- The main protagonist is reportedly going to be a grassroots level growing drug lord-wannabe named “Ricardo”. Another major character called “Kacey” will play an important role. Ricardo’s life in the game will begin with missions which will have him doing runs as a cocaine smuggler from Vice City to the new Rio-inspired city. Ricardo will eventually grow and step up in the cartel as the game goes further.
- The game is heavily inspired by Netflix’s Narcos.
- Weather system is going to be much more realistic (hurricanes, floods, etc). Also, a realistic economy will exist. For example, buildings and cars will change over eras, and older ones will get more expensive.
- It will be next-gen only. Not compatible with PS4, Xbox One, etc.
Well, that was a lot to digest. However, there is still no release date mentioned. What do you think of the leak? Stay tuned for more!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.