Yes, you read it right! Even though it’s an expensive device, Google Home Max is a great and very loud speaker that comes with many interesting features. There isn’t anything bad to say about the Google Home Max after we gave it a try.
Here are a few of its amazing capabilities
- It Comes with the Google Assistant, the best smart assistant built inside it. With just an ‘Ok Google’ or ‘Hey Google’, you can tell it to turn up the volume or change the music into something more relaxing. It has a good memory too, repeating its last phrase if you say ‘Hey Google, I didn’t hear you’. There is no better competitor in terms of AI.
- It has a classing, almost boring design that we actually love. You can put it vertically or horizontally and it’s not wireless. It’s covered in the soft fabric the Home Mini has and it comes in white, gray and black versions. Due to its sleek and classic, almost unnoticeable appearance, it’s good at blending in any room, without drawing too much attention to it.
- Even though you can control the Home Max hands-free, it has some built-in-buttons that also allow you to manually control it.
You can tap on a thin gray line that you can find on the top of the speaker to play and pause the music and swipe to left/right to turn the volume up/down.
It’s a good alternative when the Assistant doesn’t get what you want it to do and you want to turn the volume down or pause the music ASAP. Imagine sitting in your bed and telling the Assistant to set up an alarm and turn the sound higher – for the alarm. And he goes turning the volume higher for the music you were then listening to. You wouldn’t want music blasting in your ears at 2am, so getting up fast and turning the volume down is the fastest way to stop it. A remote control would be handy in this situation.
- The Home Max comes with amazing sounds. It sounds great at any volume, and it gets to that insane high volume too. It has clear sounds and a very strong bass, without reaching an annoying intensity.
A small inconvenience is that you can only use music from Google Play, YouTube, Spotify, or Pandora, so you won’t be able to play Apple Music or Tidal.
- The Home Max is extremely loud, even deafening. So, if you’re curious how loud can it get, prepare to lose your hearing, as it will shake your whole apartment and even make a helicopter purr in comparison.
At such loud volume, the sounds are balanced and they are directed to a part of the room. If you stand in front of it, you will be blasted by the sounds and if you move behind it, its intensity is significantly lowered – which is great when you don’t want to bother other people from the apartment. Just keep it facing your room and you’re done.
Imagine a party with two of these babies placed as a surround system – one can only dream!
A minor complaint is that the device is a bit too large, but the name says it all: Home Max – you’re getting a ‘Max’ device. If you want a smaller one, get a Home Mini!
If you’re asking yourself if you should buy this baby, the answer is yes! It might come at a high price: $400, but it’s going to be worth it all if you really like listening to music at home at insane volumes and interact with the Google Assistant too.
Of course, you don’t actually need a Google Home Max to go through your normal days at home, but it’s something we all want to have one day.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.