Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers in the world used by millions of people. It is popular because it is light and reliable – from week to week there are new features or security updates. Here, we are going to show you some tips and tricks to maximize your browsing experience in Google Chrome.
Many websites now have the video content and perhaps you don’t like the fact the video will start to play by itself. You can stop it by following these steps.
Open Google Chrome >> click the menu icon >> Settings >> click “Show Advanced Settings” >> Content Settings >> find the Plugins section >> check the box next to “Let me choose when to run plugin content”.
To avoid the situations in which your kids may open the inappropriate websites, you can block those websites from the browser of your computer. If you are using Google Chrome, these are the steps to do that.
- Chrome menu >> Settings >> find More Tools section >> Extensions >> click Get More Extensions and the Google web store will open.
- Type “SiteBlock” in the search box and press enter.
- Select SiteBlock >> click Add To Chrome >> Add Extention
- Wait for the extension to be installed
- To block the site click on the button with the picture settings
- In the pop-Google browser menu, click “Settings”.
- Go to Settings >> More tools >> Extensions, find SiteBlock and click “Options”.
- Type the address of the website you wish to block
- Click “Save Options”
Google Chrome offers many interesting features and the advantages. One of those advantages is the ability to synchronize data. It’s so easy to do that as long as you have the Google account (Gmail account). Once you have installed Chrome browser on your computer, enter the username and password, then click the “Login” button. Thus, all your data will be synchronized automatically.
You might have more than three accounts including the passwords that are frequently opened in your Chrome browser. Those accounts may have different passwords and you may forget one of them. To avoid it, you can save your password in Google Chrome, so it will memorize it for you.
Click the Chrome menu button >> Settings >> “Show advanced settings” >> “Password and forms” >> checkmark on the “Enable Autofill to fill out web forms with a single click” and “Offer to save your web passwords”.
The extensions on the browser can be useful, but also can be so annoying and distract you from your work in that browser. If you are using Google Chrome and want to remove some of the extensions you have installed, you can do it with ease.
- If the extensions have the icon on the toolbar, simply right-click on the icon and click on “Remove From Chrome.”
- If the extensions don’t have the icon on the toolbar, you can remove it by opening the page Chrome extensions.
If you want to backup your Google Chrome bookmarks for some reason, such as the re-installation of the system, follow these steps.
Open the Chrome menu >> select Bookmarks >> click on Bookmark Manager >> click the “Organize” button above a list of all your pages >> select “Export bookmarks to HTML.”
We need to perform Clean Cache on our browser because it can increase the performance when it’s getting slow. Here are the steps.
- Go yo Chrome menu on the top right of the window >> Settings >> Clear Browsing Data.
- The other window will open. Here, you need to remove all the checkboxes but leave the option “Cache images and files”
- Click Clear browsing Data.
Google Chrome can be used in different languages, but it will be set English by default. Many users who live in non-English speaking countries are more comfortable using Chrome in their native language. Here is how you can set the language in your Chrome browser.
Click Chrome menu icon >> Settings >> Show Advanced Setting >> Language section >> Language and Input settings. In a new window click “Add”. In the pop-up window, select your language and click Done.
Adobe Flash Player is integrated with Google Chrome by default. This plug-in allows you to watch video online and listen to the music. You can enable the Flash Player with these easy steps:
- Type in the address bar: “chrome: plugins” and press enter.
- In the opened window, you will see the list of plug-ins. Select Adobe Flash Player and click Enable located under it.
Google Chrome Browser has an Auto-refresh feature that allows it to automatically refresh and update the pages. To enable the auto-refresh in Chrome, you need a special extension, called Easy Auto Refresh.
Go to Chrome menu >> Settings >> Extensions >> Get More Extension. In the search box type “Easy Auto Refresh”>> choose Easy Auto Refresh >> click Add To Chrome >> click Add Extension and wait until the process is completed.
Google Chrome can use a lot of memory of your computer. But, you can reduce it by following these steps:
- Stop Google Chrome running in the background.
- Remove unused Chrome add-ons.
- Enable click-to-play for plugins.
- Close the extra tabs.
Read Mode is an interesting feature in Google Chrome that allows you to read the article more comfortable without disturbed by images, templates, and ads.
Right-click on the Chrome icon in the taskbar >> right-click on the item Google Chrome >> Properties, and the new window will appear. Here, find “Target” and insert insert “-enable-dom-distiller” in the end of the line>> click Apply >> click Ok >> Restart the browser.
To use the Read Mode in Chrome: click Chrome menu >> find Distill Page section.
By default, Google Chrome has a feature that allows you to open and view the PDF files. But, if you want to open the PDF files by using the other application, you have to follow these instructions.
- Open your browser and paste this into the address bar: chrome://plugins
- Find the Chrome PDF Viewer on the list and then click “Disable”.
The Incognito Mode is very useful if you need to find some information and do not want to save the search in the browser history. This is a term for a private mode in Chrome. There are two ways to do it.
- Click Chrome menu and select New incognito window
- At the same time hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard, Shift and N
If you have just got a new computer, you might found that the default browser is not Google Chrome. If you have downloaded it and want to use it as a default browser, follow these ways.
Click Chrome menu >> Settings >> “Default Browser” >> click “Make Google Chrome the default browser”.
Second way (Windows 10):
Click “Start” in Windows 10 taskbar >. Settings >> “System” >> click “Default apps” >> find “Web browser” >> replace the default browser (Microsoft Edge) with Google Chrome.
By default, Google Chrome will place your download results in Download folder. if you want to change this default setting and create a special folder for the download results, just follow these steps.
Click on Chrome menu >> Settings >> “Show advanced settings” >> “Download” section >> click on the “Change” button and a new window will appear >> choose the folder that you want >> check the box “Ask where to save each file before downloading” >> choose a new place to save the file >> click OK.
If you are looking a single word on a website when you using Chrome browser, you can find it with ease. Chrome will highlight the word fast. To do it, choose the hotkey F3 or use the key combination Ctrl + F, then type the word you are looking for. Simple!