Gmail is surely a very secure email service, but today we will talk about something that everyone should do from time to time. There are users who have never changed their Gmail password. You should know that this is one of the main reasons why the hackers gain access to your account.
Usually, when a hacker finds out your Gmail password, (s)he will not change it, but instead, (s)he will keep stalking you by checking your email regularly. However, by changing your Gmail password regularly, you will make sure that the hackers have very low chances on getting inside your account.
Changing Gmail Password Through Website
- Open the Gmail website in your browser;
- Sign in with your Gmail account;
- Once inside your Gmail account tap on the “Gear” button that’s located in the upper-right corner;
- Click on Settings->Account And Import->Change Password;
- You will be asked to log into your Gmail account again;
- After that you will see two boxes where you will need to write the new password;
- Finally click “Change Password.”
Changing Gmail Password Through An Android Device
- Open the Settings Menu on your Android handset (you will find the Settings App in your App list);
- Scroll down until you find the “Personal” section, which you will need to select;
- Choose Google Services->Sign-in & Security->Password;
- Type the current password;
- Type the new password (two times);
- Tap “Change Password.”
Changing Gmail Password Through Google My Account Website
- Visit My Google Account website from your browser;
- Sign-in using your Google (Gmail) account;
- Click “Signing in to Google;
- Click “Password”;
- Write your current password;
- Write your new password (two times);
- Click “Change Password.”
How often do you change your Gmail password? Tell us your thoughts about the Google email service!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.