iPhone 5, the sixth generation of the iPhone launched into the market on 21 September, 2012 and captured the market within few days of its release. This smart phone came with major design changes compare to its predecessor. The aluminum body of this phone is 7.6 mm thicker, which made it more attractive and easy to operate and carry as well. It is powered with 1 GB RAM and 1.3 GHz dual core processor and is available in two colors, white and black. Apart from hardware, all its features, including display and designs made the iPhone 5 excellent and one label above compare to its predecessor.
Related-How to jailbreak 5 iOS 7.0.2
Though the phone is great from all the sides, but some users have complained that they are facing a problem with their iPhone 5. The problem that they are facing is “no Sim card installed” error on iPhone 5. Some users said that they tried to solve this problem by turning off the phone and then again, by turning on. But “no Sim card installed” error on iPhone 5 did not resolve. Some users said that they took out the SIM from the iPhone and after sometimes again re-inserted, but then also the same error message is occurring.
Solution to fix “no Sim card installed” error on iPhone 5
If you are among the users who are facing “no Sim card installed” error on iPhone 5, then do not worry, there is an easy solution for this issue. In the below I am describing the steps, and you can follow it to solve the problem.
1. First of all, update your iPhone 5 to the latest iOS version.
2. Toggle Airplane mode On and Off.
3. Turn off your iPhone 5 and then again, turn it on.
4. Check the carrier settings update. To do that, go to Settings on your iPhone 5, then tap on General> About. A prompt will be appearing if an update is available.
5. Take out the SIM card from your iPhone and verify that it is valid and carrier manufactured SIM card. Additionally, check that the SIM card is not broken or damaged or modified. Then again, put the SIM card in the iPhone 5.
6. Restore your iPhone 5 and check if the “no Sim card installed” error on iPhone 5 is still occurring or not.
If you see that the problem is not solved after following the above steps also, then contact with Apple support.