Overheating is one of the common errors that are very frequently faced by the Samsung Galaxy S4 users. Most of the users have the thinking that faulty battery is the main reason of overheating. But there are usually several reasons that contribute to this problem such as software errors, SD card and faults in the apps. Overheating reduces the battery life and damages your phone. Here are some solutions.
Ways to fix Samsung Galaxy S4 overheating issue
- First, you need to update all the apps by going to Google play store as corrupted applications and the apps which are not updated can create this error. So update all the apps, which show a message ready to update. Re-check the apps after updating, and if you find any apps showing as not updated even though you have updated it, delete it.
- Faulty SD-card might be a strong reason behind this problem, so format the SD-card and then insert it in your phone to find out if the problem is reduced to some extent. Take a backup of all the data before formatting.
- If you are facing the overheating issue due to the software-related problem, then OTA updates can fix the Samsung Galaxy S4 overheating issue.
- Check the bloatware and background processes in your Galaxy S4 as sometimes it is the software to be blamed for such overheating issue and not the battery. In case the high number of background processes keeps running in the background continuously, it normally results in overheating of the battery and fast battery drain as well. Find bloatware apps and disable them and stop background processes. Also, go to the Settings > More > Battery to check what are the apps that are utilizing unusual amount of battery and delete them from the device.
- Close the apps that you are not using as many apps that run at a time can overheat your phone. But if you don’t notice any change after closing the apps, then it might be a hardware problem, and you have to contact the service center.
- Water damage can also create this overheating issue. If this is the case, the service center is the only way to get rid of this issue.
- Disable the Bluetooth, GPS and also dim the screen.
- If the phone is getting heated while using ear piece then you need to put your phone in CPU power saving mode. For that go to Settings > My Device > enable Power saving mode. Now you need to click on the power-saving mode tab and it will open a new page. There you will see three options, among them CPU power saving tab that needs to be turned on.
- Putting your Galaxy S4 into the Airplane mode could be useful if the phone is getting overheated while charging. The reason is when the phone is charging the battery is in use continuously, searching Wi-Fi signals or network and in such a situation overheating problem occurs in some phones.
So check all these steps and if the problem still exists, then contact your dealer or service provider and ask for a replacement.