Technobezz always brings to you practical solutions to your techno problems. We want to make your Smartphone experience hassle free and fun. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is one of the most popular phones in the Android alleys. But there are quite a few issues that users are constantly complaining about. The most common error is that of disappearing text messages. People are concerned about why both inbox and outbox messages are disappearing automatically. We thought it would be useful to discuss the issue of disappearing text messages and ways to fix it.
A user compliant about the Note 4 Text Messages Disappearing Issue :
Hi, the problem with my Galaxy Note 4 is that text messages disappear automatically. Many of my old messages are no more available in my inbox. I do not delete them; they just vanish on their own.
What causes the problem of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 text messages disappearing issue
You may face this issue due to a couple of reasons. It could either be a RAM issue or some setting of your messaging app. Usually, old messages on your Galaxy Note 4 are deleted when it exceeds a predetermined storage capacity. If you have enabled the option of default message clearing, your messages will delete as soon as you reach 100 SMS.
Here’s a quick snapshot of what you can do to rectify the issue.
- Open the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 messaging app. Tap the icon on the top right corner. You can easily spot the 3-point icon.
- Reach the small “Settings” menu
- In the next sub-menu, you will find “Delete Old Messages”, just tap on this
- By sliding the controller, you can find the “On/Off” option in the top right corner
- Just select “OFF” for deactivating the function
Just as simple as this! Now, your old messages will not disappear anymore.
If your messages continue to disappear in spite of following Method 1, then it could be a RAM issue. We suggest you to clear your RAM and restart your mobile phone. Follow the below mentioned steps
- Close the messaging app
- Return to the home screen by pressing the home button
- Tap and hold the home button until you get the RAM tab
- Tap the RAM tab
- Tap the option “Clear RAM”
- Reboot your mobile phone and launch the messaging app