Google’s Nexus 7 was released into the market in July 2012 and since its release, the sale has been increasing day by day. Users have been buying this tablet because of the faster processor, camera, higher resolution and many more features.
But a lot of users have encountered random reboot problem on Nexus 7. This was a common problem on old Nexus 7. However, users are facing the same problem in this new model also. Some owners of Nexus 7 have reported that the rebooting problem is mainly occurring when they are using Google Chrome; however, the random reboot problem on Nexus 7 does not seem to be limited to that.
Solutions for random reboot problem on Nexus 7
1. An update from Google could solve this random reboot problem on Nexus 7. You should get this updates automatically, but you can also check it by going to Settings > About Tablet > and check your Android version. Tap System updates > Check now and see if any new update is available.
2. Make sure that all the apps on your tablet are up to date. You can open Play Store > Menu button > choose My Apps. At the top right ‘Update All’ option is available. The problem may occur because of an app that is not optimized for Android 4.3. So if you observe that the random reboot problem on Nexus 7 is related to any specific app, contact with the developers by sending message, and in the meantime you can use an alternative until they bring an update. You can check if an app is the culprit for this problem by booting your phone into Safe mode. If you see that the problem is not occurring in Safe mode, then an app must be the culprit.
3. Perform a soft reset by holding the Power button for few seconds until the tablet reboots.
4. If you still face the random reboot problem, then try a Factory reset, but before that back up all the data. Then tap Menu button > Settings > Backup and Reset > Factory Data reset > Reset tablet > Provide the PIN or password if required, then tap Erase everything.
5. If you see none of the above solve the problem, contact with Google or the retailer where you bought the tablet.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.