Motorola’s Moto X is one of the best smart phones that is released in 2013, but users of this phone are facing a couple of issues with their handsets. Among several issues, Moto X Wi-Fi dropping problem is the most common that users are facing. Some users have reported that after connecting the phone to Wi-Fi network, suddenly the connection gets dropped and the blue bar of the Wi-Fi icon turns grey with a question mark sign.
The Wi-Fi icon is blue means the connection is good. But when you see the Wi-Fi icon turns to grey with a question mark that means your phone detects a network but not connected.
Solution for Moto X wifi dropping problem
If you are using Moto X, then you also may face the same problem with your handset. But there is nothing to worry because here are some troubleshooting steps to solve the Moto X wifi dropping problem, and you can follow them if the problem occurs on your phone.
1. Unplug the router from the power source and leave it for a minute.
2. Now plug in the router and wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the light become stable and the router starts transmitting.
3. Now go to Home screen on your phone and tap the App option.
4. Tap on Settings and find the Wireless and Network option.
5. Click on Wi-Fi and then open its Settings menu.
6. Touch the network that you always connect to and hold it for sometimes.
7. Touch the Forget Network.
8. Again go back to Setting screen.
9. Turn the Wifi toggle off and reboot your Moto X.
10. After rebooting return to the Settings screen.
11. Now turn the Wifi toggle on.
12. You will get to see your network on available networks list.
13. Touch on your network, provide the credentials and click on Connect.
Read this concise article that illustrates 5 ways to fix Moto x (2014) slow Wi-Fi issue
Now open your email to see if the Moto X Wi-Fi dropping problem is solved, and you are able to connect with the Wi-Fi network successfully. If you connect so many devices to the same network, then the speed gets reduced.