If you are using Motorola’s Moto X and facing overheating problem with your smart phone, then there is nothing to be surprised as many of its users are facing this same issue. This smart phone offers plenty of tempting features that attract many smart phone lovers to buy this handset. Indeed, the phone offers many interesting and useful features, but Moto X overheating problem is the reason that is making many users to think twice to buy this smart phone who has not bought yet.
There is nothing to think like that as many ways are there to fix the Moto X overheating problem. Below are some potential solutions to the problem and follow them to solve the issue on your Moto X.
See also-How To Fix Moto X Freezing Problem
Solutions for Moto X overheating problem
1. If you use a case for Moto X, then remove it as it may make the Moto X overheating problem worsen.
2. Switch on the Airplane mode on your phone and check if the problem persists.
3. Moto X overheating problem may occur because of an app also. Go to Settings > Battery and see if any app is eating up high amount of power. You can also check if any third-party app is causing the overheating problem by booting your phone into Safe mode. To boot your phone into Safe mode, press the Power key and then touch and hold the Power off option until the Moto X reboots. A window will appear named ‘Reboot to safe mode’ and click on Ok to continue. At the bottom left corner it will show safe mode. If you see that the phone is running there without any overheating problem, then surly any app that you have installed is the responsible for this problem. So you can uninstall apps one by one until you find the culprit.
4. You can also try a Factory reset by opening Settings > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Phone. Before go ahead with these steps, backup the important data of your phone. When Factory reset is done, do not install any app and use the phone for sometimes to see if the overheating problem is gone. It will confirm if it is a hardware issue or not.
5. If all the above steps do not work, then the last way is to contact with the retailer and explain about the problem and ask for a replacement.