Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with 5.1 inch super AMOLED screen, high quality 16 mega-pixel camera, Android 4.4 with TouchWiz and many other features. The most interesting thing is that this smart phone is water resistant.
However, though the phone is packed with many features, many of its users are facing lag issue on their phones. Most of the owners have reported that their phones lag compare to other similar phones. The lag issue on Samsung Galaxy S5 mainly occurs when users try to exit an app or load up an app, when they tap the Home key, when typing something or when unlock the phone.
Solutions of lag issue on Samsung Galaxy S5
1. You can use a different launcher. You will get lots of options. Nova’s launcher is a good option, or you can side load the Google Now launcher as well.
2. Because of the animations, you may feel the lag issue on Samsung Galaxy S5. So you can turn them off by tapping and holding on a blank space on Home screen and select Home screen settings > Transition effect > None. Then open Settings > Lock screen > Unlock effect and then set it to None.
3. You can also go to Settings > About device by tapping the Build number to turn on the Developer mode. Now again open Settings > Developer options > Windows animation scale > and set to Animation is off. The same thing can be done going to Settings > Developer options > Animator duration scale and Transition animation scale.
4. If the lag issue on Samsung Galaxy S5 is occurring while tapping the Home button, then double tap on the button to fire up S voice. Now choose settings at the top right from the menu and make sure that the option ‘Open via the home key’ is not selected.
5. You can also turn off some background data syncing going to Settings > Accounts or going to individual apps.
6. You can reduce the impact of bloat ware by going to Settings > Application manager and then All tab. The app that you do not use, disable that by tapping on it and then choose Disable. You will get to see all the disabled apps in a separate tab. You can turn them on again if want to use.