HTC One not charging or turning on is a general problem that the users of HTC One keep on facing sometimes. Suddenly, the phone goes off and does not get charged or turned on though connected to a charger, and the screen remains black. Also, the red color LED light does not get on at the top left. If you face the same problem, don’t worry, because your phone is not dead, and you can quickly fix HTC One not charging or turning on issue.
Way to fix HTC One not charging or turning on
- First press and hold the power, Volume up and Volume down buttons together for at least 15 seconds. The phone will vibrate and then will restart normally. If your HTC One does not respond, then follow the next step.
- Ensure the power outlet you are using to charge the HTC One is operating properly. To check this, plug in other devices in the same power outlet and see if it is charging.
- Once you confirm that the power outlet is working fine, the next thing is to check the charger. Try charging other devices using the same charger and see the result. Similarly, try using another new HTC One charger and notice if there is any improvement in the charging speed.
- Plug in your phone with a charger that came with the phone. Do not try to charge using the laptop or computer as this is rated very low compared to the wall charger.
- Let it be charged till the red LED right gets on. It will take around 20 minutes. Do not unplug the charger. Now press the power button for few seconds to turn the phone on. If your phone stays unresponsive, then press and hold the power, volume up and volume down buttons altogether for few minutes, say 1-5 minutes. By doing this process the battery is re-calibrated, and it allows to power on the phone. The process is not tough, and you can easily fix HTC One not charging or turning on the issue by going through the above steps.
- If you have tried all the above fixes but still the phone is not charging or is not turning on, it might be a fault of the battery and battery replacement is the solution in that case.