Is Galaxy S5 Facebook App Crashing problem troubling you? Well, you are not the only one, a lot of Galaxy S5 users complained about this issue on the forum. Whenever the users try to open the Facebook app, it closes and redirects them to the home screen.
If you are one of them who are facing this issue, here are the solutions.
Possible Solutions For Galaxy S5 Facebook App Crashing problem
Take out the SD card
If you are using a microSD card then take it out and check if the Facebook app still crashes. If it does, then proceed with the next method.
Now start with clearing the cache of your phone. It may help you to fix the Facebook app crashing problem on your Galaxy S5. For that go to Apps > Settings > Privacy > Delete Personal Data > Cache and Cookies > Delete.
If this step does not fix the issue, uninstall the Facebook app and re-install it.
Make sure that your Galaxy S5’s software is up to date. For that head to Settings > About > Software Update.
Boot Galaxy S5 to recovery mode and wipe cache partition
- If the problem continues, boot your phone into recovery mode and wipe cache partition
- Turn off your Galaxy S5
- Press Volume up, Power and Home buttons together and hold them
- Leave the Power button immediately after the phone starts vibrating but keep holding the other two buttons
- Leave the buttons when you see Android system Recovery screen
- In this mode highlight the ‘wipe cache partition’ using the Volume down button
- Select this option pressing the Power button
- It will take only 5-6 seconds, and you will be back to the same screen automatically
- Now highlight ‘reboot system now’ and then hit the Power button
- Wait for some time until the phone finishes rebooting to normal mode
Now the app should work, if not, then contact your carrier or service center.