Although the new Android O is on the brink of being released (sources indicate this fall as a general time frame), there are many smartphones out there that didn’t get the latest updates for Android Nougat. This is due to a fragmentation issue in the rollout plan of the update which will be taken care of as soon as the new Android 8.0.0 comes out. Until then, some phones will still receive Android Nougat, but the better late than never principle certainly does not apply here.
There are a lot of Xiaomi smartphones that don’t run Android Nougat yet. However, the Chinese company just announced a list of those that will receive the update soon. Her they are, in no particular order.
Xiaomi Devices Getting Nougat
- Xiaomi Mi Max, launched in May last year and currently still running on Android Marshmallow as it did out of the box
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2, launched in October last year and also running Marshmallow out of the box
- Xiaomi Mi 5, launched this year in February with Android Marshmallow
- Xiaomi Mi 5 Plus, launched in September last year with Android Marshmallow
- Xiaomi Mi 5s, also launched in September last year with Android Marshmallow
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X, launched in February this year with Android Marshmallow
- Xiaomi Mi MIX, launched in February this year with Android Marshmallow
There are also newer Xiaomi devices already running on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box that are getting an update to Android Nougat 7.1. These are:
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Xiaomi Mi 5c
- And Xiaomi Redmi 4X
All in all, a pretty hefty number of Xiaomi smartphones are getting the update, so this is certainly good news. Now we just have to wait for Android O.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.