If you call your service provider, and if they ask you to verify your account, you will have to provide the IMEI and the serial number of your phone as a part of the verification. IMEI and Serial number (SN) is unique for every phone and used as an identity of the phones.
IMEI number is very helpful in case you lost your Galaxy S5 and if you provide this info to your service provider, they can block your phone using this number.
Methods of Finding IMEI And Serial Number On Samsung Galaxy S5
Dial the code
To find IMEI and Serial number on Samsung Galaxy S5 you have to dial a code using the Phone app.
- Open the Phone App.
- If needed, touch the keypad tab to display the dialer.
- Dial “#06#”.
Beneath the battery
To see IMEI and Serial number this way, you need to turn off your Galaxy S5 and remove the battery.
- Turn your Galaxy S5 off.
- Open the back cover.
- Take out the battery.
- You will see the IMEI and Serial number printed on it.
- You will see the IMEI on the top of a bar code, and SN is written under the barcode.
Via the Settings menu
Finding IMEI and Serial number on Samsung Galaxy S5 via Setting’s menu is easy, but you need to go through some steps.
- Pull down the Notification bar.
- Touch the Settings icon in order to display the Settings menu.
- Scroll the page and tap About Device.
- Touch Status.
- You will now get to see both, the Serial number and IMEI.
On the box
If you still have the box of the Galaxy S5, you can find the Serial number and IMEI because the boxes of the phones are usually sealed with a sticker on it. A barcode is written on the sticker and under the barcode, you will find IMEI of your Galaxy S5.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.