Facebook is one of the biggest social media networks in the world with more than one billion users. You can chat with your friends, write statuses, share photos and videos, and so much more. In this article, we are going to share some useful Facebook tips and tricks.
You should change your Facebook password every once in a while to prevent someone to hack it. It’s a simple thing to do.
- First, select “Having Trouble” under the Password box >> enter your email address >> click Search button.
- You will be given the options to reset your password, and choose “Email me a link to reset my password”, click on “Continue”.
- Check your email that you gave to reset your Facebook password to get the verification code.
- Enter the code in the field “Enter Security Code” and click “Continue”. To end the procedure, enter the new password in the box and click “Continue.”
Facebook is one of the famous social media and has billions of users. But, some people also use it for bad purposes, like to scam using a fake profile. If you find a fake profile, you can report it to Facebook with ease.
Find the fake profile on the list friends of your Facebook profile >> click on the three dots next to “Message” on the fake profile cover photo >> click on “Report” >> click “Report this account” >> Continue >> choose the option “This is a fake account” and click “Continue” >> select “Other” >> Continue >> “Submit to Facebook for Review” >> click Done.
To clear the browsing history on your Facebook it’s not difficult.
- Click the arrow next to the padlock icon at the top-right of your Facebook page >> find and click “Activity Log”.
- In the drop-down menu on the left, click “More” option, and the other menu will open, and you have to click “Search”.
- To delete all the browsing history, click on “Clear Search” and the next window click “Clear Searches” to confirm it.
If you have hundreds of friends on your Facebook, it will be better to sort the people on your friends list into categories, such as Family, Close friends, and so on.
- Click on the “Friends” section
- In the new window, click “Create list”.
- Name the category that you want to create. For example, you want to classify your High School friends, then you can type “High School” on the “List name” field.
- In the “Members” field, type all your high school friends names.
- Click on “Create”.
To memorialize someone’s Facebook account, you can click on the drop-down menu next to the padlock icon and click Settings >> Security >> Legacy Contact >> Edit >> My Legacy Contact >> enter your friend facebook account name >> click “Add” button >> press “Send” or “Not Now” >> click “Close”.
You can disable your Facebook Seen feature on Chrome by updating the browser to the latest version and by downloading the extension called “Facebook unseen”.
- Click on Chrome menu > More tools > Extensions > click on Get more extensions.
- In the new window, type “Facebook unseen” in the search field > click “Facebook Unseen” extension > click “Add to Chrome”.
- When the process is done, you will see the “Facebook Unseen” extension icon on the top right of your Chrome window.
- You can enable this feature by clicking the icon after you sign in to your Facebook.
If you want to hide your profile on Facebook for certain reasons, here are the steps.
Hide your future posts
Click on the padlock icon > Privacy > “Who can see my stuff” > Click the box under the “Who can see my future posts” > Select “Only me” option.
Hide posts from the past
After you go to the padlock icon and select “Privacy” > click “See More Settings” > choose “Limit Past Posts” > “Limit old posts” > click the “Confirm” button.
Hide your name from search
Follow the same steps as above. After you click “See More Settings”, on the right side of “Who can look me up?” section, click “edit” and change it from “Everyone” or “Friends of friends” to “Friends”.
Hide your name from search engines
Follow the same steps of ” Hide your name from search”, click “edit” on the last option of “Who can look me up?” section, and uncheck the box on the bottom.
Turn off tagging
Find and click “Timeline and Tagging Settings” section > find and turn-on the “Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline?”.
Quit all applications
Find click the “Apps” section on your Facebook.
“On this day” feature allows you to see your posts, image or statuses that you have shared on the same date. But, not all posts and statues are the pleasant ones, which is why we don’t want to see them again in the feature. Here are the steps to stop this feature.
Find “On this day” feature and click on it >> click “Preferences” >> Edit >> Dates >> Select Dates >> set a start date and the end date (choose a date in the future) >> click “Done” >> click “Save”.
Sometimes we don’t one to be disturbed on chat. How to set profile visibility on Facebook chat?
Click the gear icon at the bottom right corner > click “Options” > “Advanced settings” > select of these options: “Turn off chat for only some friends…”, “Turn off chat for all friends except..”, and “Turn off all friends.” > click “Save”.
When you find the interesting post in News Feed, you can save it on Facebook to view it later. By clicking on it, you will open the drop-down menu, where you will find “Save link” option. Click on it and the post will be saved. But, the most of the users are confused about where is the post that they saved. It is in “Applications” section in “Saved” label. Unfortunately, in this label, you can’t save photos or photo galleries which someone published, but you can save the video from the drop down menu, in the same way as when saving posts.
Click on the arrow located in the top-right corner of the post > find and click on the “Save link” option.
We love to post interesting photos on Facebook, but sometimes the photo needs to be edited to be displayed perfectly on Facebook. You can edit photo directly on Facebook before it is posted.
Launch your Facebook account >> click on Update Status >> click the camera icon >> choose a photo >> click “Open” >> point the mouse cursor on the photo thumbnail > click on the brush icon. Built-in photo editor will open.
If you want to post something on your wall, but you want to hide or show it to a certain person, it is possible by following the steps below.
Write your post >> click on the box on the left side of “Post” >> click on “Custom” >> Custom Privacy >> choose Don’t Share With” >> choose “These People or List” , here type the name of the person and click “Save Change.”
The Security Checkup feature is a very important feature on Facebook. Here are the steps to use it.
- Click on the padlock icon >> click Help >> “Visit Help Center” >> “Security” >> “Security tips” >> find and open “What’s Security Checkup and how do I start it?” >> click on “Start Security Checkup”.
- Next steps, click “Log Out of Unused Apps” >> find and click “Log Out of all” >> open “Get Login Alerts”.
- Then, open “Get Login Alerts” >> Using alerts.
Many users complained that they found so many unnecessary notifications on their Facebook, which can be so annoying. How to turn these notifications off?
Click on the padlock icon >> “Settings” >> choose “Blocking” >> “Block app invites” > next to “Block invites from”, type the name of the person > click “Block Apps” section.
Go to Settings >> Notifications >> “Edit” >> select “Off” option for “Birthdays” or “Close friend activities” or you can also click “Edit” to the “App requests and activity”.
Here are tips and tricks to configure news feed on Facebook.
Click on small arrow to the right of “News Feed” >> choose as you want: “Top Stories” or “Most Recent”
”Sort” your friends
Go to your profile by clicking your name >> click “Friends” and the all your Facebook friends will appear >> click on “Friends” box next to their name and change it to “Close Friends”, “Acquaintances” or just “Friends”.
Hide posts manually
Click the drop-down menu at the top right corner of each post and choose “Hide Post”, “Unfollow”, or “Hide all..”.
As one of the most popular social media, Facebook users can be the great target of scammers or hackers. You can improve the security of your Facebook with these tips and tricks.
- Turn on notifications for login to Facebook if you are afraid of hackers. Open the “Settings” located next to the padlock icon. Next, click “Security” > “Edit” in “login Alerts” line. Select the option to receive a notification on your email address for every new login to your profile.
- Every once in a while log out from your Facebook profile.
- Go to “Settings”> “Security” >“Where You’re Logged In”. Once you do this you will see the devices on which you were logged in recently.
- You can save a copy of your Facebook data. Go to “Settings” >“General” section > “Download a copy of your Facebook data” (save a copy of your Facebook data).
Here are 5 tips and tricks to improve your experience in using Facebook.
Visit the secret inbox
Find “Message Requests” next to the main inbox to see if you received a message from a person that is not on your list of friends.
Add a nickname, maiden name, etc. to your profile
Click on “About” in your profile >> click “Details About You” >> “Other Names”>> “Add a nickname, a birth name…”. In the new window that will open choose one of the options located next to “Name type”, enter the name and when you are done, click on “Save changes”.
Download the photo in better resolution
Click on the photo, then click on “Options” >> “Download”.
Watch Facebook videos in HD quality always
Click the padlock icon >> open “Settings” >> “Videos” >> “Video quality” >> choose the option “HD if available”.
Turn off auto-play videos
In the same menu above, click on “Auto-play Videos” and choose “Off”.
As one of the biggest companies, Facebook keeps improving their services to satisfy their users. If you are wondering whether is it possible to download videos from Facebook without the third-party programs? The answer is yes. Follow these steps.
- Find a video >> right-click on the mouse >> select “Show video URL” >> copy the URL.
- Paste the URL of the video in the new tab of your browser >> change the “www” with “m” >> click Enter.
- Right-click on the opened video >> select “Save video as…”
Maybe there is a time you want to deactivate your Facebook for a certain reason. To be able to do that, follow these steps below.
Click the Settings menu of your Facebook >> Settings >> Security >> Edit >> Deactivate Your Account >> check the reason for leaving >> check “Opt out of receiving future emails from Facebook” >> click on “Deactivate”.
You can’t delete the account by yourself. Facebook will do it for you – you have to send a request. Click on the link below:
As you can see, when the page opens, the message will appear to remind you that you won’t be able to reactivate your account once it is deleted. If you are sure that you want to do this, click on “Delete account” to send a request for deletion.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.