Not so long ago, many websites consider Adobe Flash Player the foundation for flash objects and interactive videos. Nowadays, only a few sites would require Flash Player due to the introduction of HTML5 and advancements in Web technology. Moreover, the use of Flash Player has become a bad experience for many users due to security issues.
Those who still require Flash Player can download it from the official Adobe website https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/ to ensure installation of the latest version. If you come across an error message prompting you to stop what you are doing and install the latest version of Flash, just ignore it. Make sure that you visit only the official website to avoid fraudulent activities from hackers.
Enabling Flash for Chrome
- Open Chrome by clicking the icon on the desktop
- On your address bar, type chrome://settings/content
- Scroll down to Flash when you get to Content Setting screen
- Click on the one indicated as the recommended setting and click Done.
- Simply restart Chrome for the changes to take effect.
If in case you wouldn’t want to use Flash, you just have to select the option to block sites to run Flash.
Enabling Flash for Opera
- Open the Opera Browser by clicking the desktop icon
- In the address bar, type in opera://settings
- Upon reaching Settings, look for the Flash section by scrolling down
- You can change the default settings by choosing to allow sites to enable Flash
- Restart the browser in order to reflect the changes you have made.
Enabling Flash for Edge
Flash Player is already built-in for the Microsoft Edge browser. So, you only need to enable or disable this from the settings.
- Simply click on the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the Edge browser home page.
- Search for the advanced settings somewhere in the bottom of the settings menu.
- Open the advanced settings option and check for the toggle button named Use Adobe Flash Player.
- You can turn this on or off to enable or disable Adobe Flash Player in the browser.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.