Recording or mirroring your iPhone screen used to be a hassle-filled process. If you wished to capture any iOS gameplay or make some funny GIF as an on-screen action, then you had to download a third-party app or connect your iOS device to the computer system.
However, those days are gone. With the advent of the most recent iOS 11, Apple has introduced its high functionality with which you can enable screen mirroring in iOS 11 devices. Through this feature, you can mirror your iPhone screen effortlessly. The detail process of how to enable screen mirroring in iOS 11 is explained in details.
See Also: How to use one-handed keyboard in iOS 11
Enabling Screen Mirroring In iOS 11
Enabling screen mirroring in iOS 11 devices is extremely simple. With the all-powerful Control Center of iOS 11, you can enable the screen mirroring of your iPhone with much ease. You must ensure that you are Airplaying to some compatible device like Apple TV.
Here are the steps to mirror your iPhone screen:
- Swipe up your Home screen to launch the Control Center in your iOS 11 device.
- Tap on the icon “Screen Mirroring”. You can press this icon firmly to open the device list in case you have 3D touch enabled iPhone.
- Now, with the list of accessible devices, you can tap on the desired device, say Apple TV to achieve screen mirroring. If you are Airplaying using Apple TV, then you might have to enter the password as well.
- Now your iOS 11 device’s screen is mirrored with the respective compatible device.
- To stop screen mirroring, you just need to swipe up the Control Center again and click on “Stop Mirroring” option.
How to Record iPhone Screen Natively
As you might already know, iOS 11 operating system lets you add as well as organize toggles in the Control Center. In case you are running the iOS developer beta, as released by Apple recently, then you will come across the capability of recording your iPhone screen as present in the Control Center option of the smartphone.
To use the same, you can follow these simple steps:
- You can open Settings > Control Center. Here, you can add Screen Recording using the “+” icon.
- Whenever you are in the need of recording your iPhone screen, you just need to swipe the screen up from the bottom. This would open the Control Center of your phone.
- Here, you can tap on the icon “record” and toggle it active. The toggle would turn red. This indicates that the iPhone screen is being recorded. You will also find a persistent notification bar on this screen. This bar is used to show the duration of your recording.
- If you wish to end the recording of the iPhone screen, then you just need to swipe up the Control Center again and then, turn off the same toggle. This would stop the recording right away.
Once you have finished recording your iPhone screen, you can access the iOS screen recording from the Photos app itself. In addition to this, you are also given the ability to trim the recording by adjusting its length if you wish.
iPhone screen mirroring and recording is the greatest features offered by iOS 11.
See Also: How to enable dark mode in iOS 11
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.