Social websites have become a part of our lives. Not checking for updates or notifications on them feels that there is something that we have missed in our daily routine. Even if we don’t manage to take out time during the day we like to browse through our cell phone or laptop before we enter into our slumber mode.
Bright monitors are quite uncomfortable to work with at night. People immediately fumble with their system to lower the brightness of the display. Realising that we love to use our devices during the night Twitter came up with a wonderful idea – Night Mode. The Night Mode is quite welcoming to the eyes and gives are relaxing effect while you comfortably check for Tweets or perform other Twitter related activities. With this mode, others sleeping in the room are not bothered by the light.
The Night Mode lets the microblogging service display darker colours on both its versions – Twitter desktop and mobile app. With this feature, the colour scheme of Twitter changes from light to dark to adjust with the night or early morning surroundings.
Although this mode was introduced on Twitter for both Android and iOS platforms on their mobile app last year they now introduced this feature to the desktop service too. The service is being made available to all the desktop users.
Activating the feature is pretty simple and can be done within seconds. Here is how to enable night mode in Twitter on a computer.
Check whether Night Mode has been enabled on the web version of Twitter. Clicking on your profile icon lets you see whether or not the Night Mode has been listed in the menu.
Read also- How To Go Live On Twitter
Enable Night Mode in Twitter on a Computer
With the instructions below you would be able to activate Night Mode on your desktop. The instructions are same for all the browsers.
- Login to your Twitter account from your browser and then click on your profile picture to access the Twitter menu
- In the menu, you will see a new option right at the bottom that says Night Mode along with the icon of a small moon.
- Clicking this option will enable Night Mode in Twitter on your desktop.
- You will now see Twitter with a different colour scheme
Enable Night Mode in Twitter on iOS Devices
With the instructions below you would be able to activate Night Mode on iOS Twitter accounts.
- Open Twitter on your iOS device
- Click on your profile and in the menu list locate Night Mode
- Tap on the Night Mode to toggle this feature on.
Enable Night Mode in Twitter on Android Devices
With the instructions below you would be able to activate Night Mode on Android Twitter accounts.
- Open Twitter on your Android device
- Tap on the navigation menu or profile icon in the top menu
- You will see a slider beside the Night Mode in the list, drag it to turn on
Now that you are aware of how to enable night mode in Twitter on a computer you can enjoy Tweeting without having to strain your eyes or disturbing anyone.
Read also- How To Change Your Twitter Name And Username