It is hard to imagine a day without YouTube, right? You will never find it boring. But it doesn’t mean that the refreshment in the looks of it wouldn’t be nice. YouTube looks the same for years, but now you can try its new hidden feature – dark mode. This isn’t yet official as YouTube is testing some new cool features. But, with a bit of effort, you can try it out. Here, we are going to show you how to enable dark mode on YouTube.
Guide: How to enable dark mode on YouTube
As this mode isn’t official just yet, you can just go to YouTube settings and make the change. This requires a bit more effort, but if you want the fresh new look of it, it’s worth it.
Before we begin, make sure that you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed. Now that we cleared that out, follow the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome
- Next, you need to open developer menu
- To do that, hit CTRL+Shift+I if you are using Windows, and if you are using Mac, hit Option+Command+I
- Now select Console tab in the developer menu
Copy the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE
- Paste the text into the window
- Hit Enter
- Next, close the menu and refresh Google Chrome
- Once you do this, you will see Dark mode toggle in the main settings
- You can switch it on and off as you please.
This is how you can enable dark mode on YouTube. It does require a bit more effort, but if you are looking for a change in the looks of YouTube, you won’t find it difficult. Have you already tried this mode? Do you like it or do you prefer the current one? We would love to hear from you, so make sure to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.