If you want to know how to download your Google data, you’re in the right place. That’s exactly what we are going to show you here.
No matter if you are planning to delete your Google account, delete the data Google has collected, or simply want to have a copy, downloading the data is the option you should go for.
Google has made this pretty simple. There is a handy tool called Takeout Google has created. By using it, you can easily download your data. Just follow our guide, and in a few minutes, you will have all of your data with you.
See also: How To Delete Your Gmail Account
Guide: How to download your Google data
Downloading the data Google has stored is pretty simple. Let’s see how to do it.
As I’ve mentioned, Google has created a tool called Takeout. Open your browser, type https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout or simply click on the following Takeout link.
The first thing you need to do once you are on the Takeout page is to select the data you want to include in your archive. You’ll see Google Plus, Bookmarks, Chrome, Mail, YouTube and more. Select the data you want.
There is also a button at the top of the list that allows you to Select none/Select all.
Once you are done, click Next at the bottom of the page.
On the next page, you need to customize your archive format. There are several things:
- File type. You can choose between .zip, .tgz, and .tbz.
- Next is to select archive size. The default size is 2GB, but you can choose what you like. Other options are 1GB, 4GB, 10GB, 50 GB. Choose the archive size having the quality and speed of your internet connection in mind.
- Finally, it comes the delivery method. You can choose between email, Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- When you are done, click Create archive at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a message that your archive is being prepared.
After some period of time, you will be able to download your archive. For instance, I’ve selected the email as the delivery method. If you do the same, you will get an email “Google Download Your Data”, open it, and click Download archive.
That’s it. This is how you can easily download your Google data. It does not require too much effort, so if you want to do it, just follow the above-mentioned steps.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.