The user who actively using the Internet Explorer, might face with the question: “how to delete the history”? This function is very useful because when you delete it, no one can see what pages you have visited. Internet Explorer keeps all the history automatically, so the viewed pages are stored in the browser in the form of a list. But, don’t worry about your privacy, because all the history can be easily deleted with just a few clicks. We are going to show you how to do that in the guide below: how to delete history in Internet Explorer.
You may also read: How To Enhance The Security In Internet Explorer
How To Delete History In Internet Explorer
The process of removal of the history requires these actions:
- Start Internet Explorer browser;
- At the top-right corner, you will see the settings icon and click on it.
- Select “Security” menu, and choose “Delete Browsing History”.
- In the open window, you will see the list of categories with the items available for removal.
- Select the box on item “Preserve Favorites website data”, if you don’t need to remove all the cookies and temporary files that your favorite sites used;
Then choose the “Delete” button at the bottom of the window, and the cleaning process of your history will begin. However, when you have a large amount of history and a large number of temporary files, the process will take some time.
If you don’t want to keep the history in Internet Explorer after you close it, then you need to do this:
Open Internet Explorer and go to settings at the top-right corner of the opened window.
When the new window opens, in “General” tab, under “Browsing history” section click on “Delete browsing history on exit” and then click on “Apply” button and “OK”.
This will prevent Internet Explorer to keep the history of the last session after you delete the history manually.
Image Source: www.mises.ca
You may also read: How To Save And Organize Favorites In Internet Explorer