Instagram is one of the most popular photo-sharing applications that allow us to edit and share our photos with our followers and the rest of the world with ease. It’s simple and fun, but even if you know all that, you may want to deactivate your account to take a little break, and that’s ok. If you choose to do this, you can always reactivate the account with a simple log-in, and all your photos, likes, and followers will still be there. So, without further ado, let’s see how to deactivate your Instagram account.
You can’t deactivate your Instagram account using the mobile app. You can use the browser (on your mobile device or computer).
You may also read: How To Fix Instagram Issues On Android
How to deactivate your Instagram account on a PC
You can’t deactivate your Instagram account using the mobile app. You can use the browser (on your mobile device or computer). Do the following:
- Go to www.instagram.com and log in
- Click on your username in the upper-right corner
- Once your profile page opens, click on Edit Profile
- On the “Edit Profile” page, click on the “Temporarily disable my account” (this option is located at the bottom of the page).
- You will be asked, “Why are you disabling your account” – choose one of the answers
- Then, enter your password
- Click on “Temporarily disable my account.”
How to deactivate Instagram on a mobile device
Is it possible to temporarily disable an Instagram account without a PC? You cannot deactivate your Instagram account on the mobile app, but there is another way to do that on your smartphone or tablet.
Open a browser on your mobile device
- Go to Instagram.com
- Log in using your account
- Tap on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the screen, then choose the Profile option
- Tap Edit Profile
- Scroll down to find the “Temporarily disable my account” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose an answer when they ask, “Why are you disabling your account.”
- Enter your Password
- Tap “Temporarily Disable Account.”
You can always reactivate your account, and all you need to do is log in!
You may also read: How To Send A Direct Message On Instagram