There are many social networking sites these days, but Facebook is probably the most popular and most addictive one. You can connect with your friends and family from all around the globe, share your thoughts, photos and videos, play games, and a lot more. If you noticed that you spend too much time using Facebook and that you need a break, or if you simply don’t want to use it for a while, you can deactivate your account temporarily. If you choose to do this, don’t worry, because you can reactivate it anytime you want just by logging in. On the other hand, deleting the account means you won’t be able to reactivate it and your content will be lost. What we are going to show you here is how to deactivate your Facebook account.
You may also read: How To Delete Your WhatsApp Account
How to deactivate your Facebook account
If you choose to deactivate your account, your profile won’t be visible to your Facebook friends and other Facebook users.
In order to deactivate your Facebook account, follow the steps below:
- Click on the settings menu located at the upper-right corner
- Next, click on Settings
- Click on Security
- The last option on the list is Deactivate Your Account, click on Edit
- Now click on the Deactivate your account
- You will be asked to enter your password
- In the new window, you can check the reasons for leaving and you can explain your decision if you want by typing the text in the box “Please explain further”
- In the same window, you can check the box “Opt out of receiving future emails from Facebook”
- As the last step, click on “Deactivate” at the bottom of the page
Your account is now deactivated. As we mentioned at the beginning, you can always reactivate your account simply by logging in.
Image Source: www.ibtimes.co.uk
You may also read: How To Send A Direct Message On Instagram
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.