HTC One M7 is a feature-packed smartphone which was launched on the market in 2013, but sales are not going anywhere because of its huge number of flaws. Here I will discuss some common problems on HTC One M7 and the steps to solve them.
HTC One M7 Common problems And Their Solutions
HTC One M7 Won’t Turn On
It’s really very irritating when you press the Power button but the black screen does not go away, and instead it stare back at you. Do not panic, here are some steps you can take to fix this problem:
- Press the Volume Up and Power buttons together and hold them for at least 10 seconds. You will feel the phone vibrate, and then it should restart.
- If the first step does not work, plug your phone into your charger and leave it for twenty minutes. Now try the first step again.
- If, you do not find the solution from the first two steps, plug your phone into your computer or laptop and leave it for 20 minutes, then try the first step again.
HTC One M7 Camera Won’t Work
Camera issues are one of the most common problems on the HTC One M7, and a huge number of users are having these problems. Some users are getting a message that says, “Unable to start the camera,” for some users, the camera is frozen on an image, and for some users the camera crashes back to the home screen. Whatever the case is with your phone, do not worry as there are ways to fix this problem.
- Open Settings on your HTC One M7 > Apps > Camera > Force Stop, then Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Go to Settings > Power > and turn off Fast Boot.
- Press the Power button and hold it until the phone reboots, then see if the camera will load.
HTC One M7 Problem with Proximity Sensor
Issues with the proximity sensor is another common problem on HTC One M7 that some users have been facing. You may notice that the capacitive buttons do not light up, and this might be a sign that proximity sensor is not working.
- You can cover the sensors (top left) with your fingers and then see if the capacitive buttons light up. There is a free app called Android Sensor Box that you can install to test the sensors of your phone.
- If you find that the sensors are not working at all, then it’s a hardware issue. Return the phone to the retailer and get a replacement.
Many users have reported about this overheating issue in their HTC One M7. This is pretty common to face some overheating issue if the phone is used for doing something intensive such as playing any game in the device, but in case you are using the device normally and still it is getting hot unnaturally, there must be some issue.
- In most of the cases it might be any app to create this overheating issue. To check, head towards settings> power >usage and see what is the app to eat excessive battery and uninstall that from your device.
- The next step is to perform a factory reset by going to settings> backup & reset> Factory data reset and then select the apps carefully while setting up the device again.
Blue/Red or purple noise in the low light photos
HTC One M7 is equipped with a great camera to capture high quality photos. However some of the users complained that the performance of camera in low light is unnatural and it cites pictures with red, blue or purple noise whereas these should be black. Here are the solutions for this issue.
- Reduce ISO which in turn reduces camera’s sensitivity in the light and makes the photos less noisy and grainy.
- Also ensure the software of the HTC One M7 is up to date by going to settings> about> software update.
- Finally if nothing work out for you, get a replacement.
More Reference for HTC One M7 Common Problems