Powered by 1.7GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor, running on Android 7.0, Honor7x is one of the recent launches of Huawei. It is a mid-range phone and packs fairly good features for its category. Although the smartphone has good ratings, users across the globe are facing some problems. We have compiled a guide that lists common Huawei 7x problems and their fixes.
See also: Best Features Of Huawei Honor 10 View
List of Common Huawei 7x Problems And Their Fixes
Not Getting Push Notifications from Apps
Push notifications tend to drain the battery of our smartphones. Hence Huawei has taken care to carefully design the OS. There is a small change in the Settings that will let your apps notify you. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected Apps – locate the app that you want notifications to get through and protect it. You are basically whitelisting the app so that the software of Huawei doesn’t block it.
- Now once again go to Settings > Apps > Advanced > Ignore Battery Optimization – locate the app and ignore the app. This way you are allowing it to run and asking the Battery Optimization to ignore the app.
- Next, go to Settings > Notification Panel & Status Bar > Notification Centre – locate the app and tap on Allow Notifications for the desired app. If you select Priority Display then you are ensuring that you get notifications from that app.
- Now Restart your phone, you will get the notifications of the apps now.
Honor 7x YouTube Problem
There are two types of problem that users are facing while watching YouTube on their Honor 7x. The first issue is that the screen flickers while watching videos on the channel. The second complaint is that their full-screen viewing is blocked by black bars that appear towards the end of the screen. Let us see how we can handle this issue.
Solution 1- Solving Honor 7x screen flickering issue by Factory Reset:
A Factory Reset seems to work for this problem. Here is how you can perform a Factory Reset for your smartphone:
- Turn off the Honor 7X
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Button together and wait till the screen displays that you are in Recovery Mode
- Select the second option from the list which says Wipe/Factory Reset
- Your phone will perform the process, you need to wait for a minute till the Factory Reset is complete. Once the phone restarts go to YouTube and play a video.
Solution 2- Solving Aspect Ratio problem
Videos are usually shot in 16:9 resolution and with its massive screen, the Honor 7x has an 18:9 ratio. So, when you are watching a video in full-screen or landscape mode on YouTube you get to see large black bars. Here is how you can solve this problem.
- The solution is quite simple. All you need to do is place your fingers on the screen and pinch to zoom the video. This is just how you zoom a picture to enlarge it. The edges of the video will now touch the ends of the screen and you will be able to view the video in full-screen without any black bars. This is possible after one of the updates of YouTube – YouTube v12.44.
Honor 7x Wi-Fi Problem
Sometimes the Wi-Fi of the Honor 7x doesn’t seem to work properly. The problems are an unstable connection, poor Wi-Fi network and access denied. Here are some possible solutions to this problem:
- Turn Off the Wi-Fi and restart your phone. You should also restart the router.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi share the same 2.4GHz antenna on the Honor 7x. When you are running the Wi-Fi keep the Bluetooth turned off, you will notice an increase in the speed of your Wi-Fi internet connection.
- Check the Mac address of your phone and see if it is supported by the router. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure and check the Mac address.
- Remember that if Power Saving Mode is enabled on your phone, you will not be able to use Wi-Fi in this situation. To save battery the phone disconnects the Wi-Fi connection. It will work only if the Power Saving Mode is disabled.
- Keep your phone updated with all the latest software updates that are released by the company. Go to Settings > About Phone – search for updates. If there are any available, download and install. The problem will automatically be fixed if the company comes up with a solution. They will share the fix through updates.
Excessive Bloatware on the Honor 7x
Manufacturers and carriers pre-load phones with their apps and if these apps are not used they just tend to clutter the phone, use data and energy. They can also hinder the performance of your smartphone. Here is how you can solve this problem.
Go through the apps that are on your mobile and see which ones you use and you can go ahead and uninstall the ones that you no longer use. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Work and Data Storage > Garbage > Memory – uninstall the app
- App Phone Manager > System Optimization > Memory > Pre-installed Apps – select the ones you want to get rid of.
There are some who suggest that you clear app cache or wipe cache partition of the phone to improve the performance but once you have uninstalled the apps, you don’t need to go through all this.
Not Able to Eject the SIM Tray
Another Honor 7x issue that some users have been facing is that they are unable to eject the SIM tray on their phone. There could be a few reasons for this, you can follow the below tips and check if the problem is solved.
- It is possible that you are using the wrong tool to eject the tray. Huawei provides a SIM Tray tool in the kit but if you have lost it or not able to find it then use a paperclip to eject the tray.
- Ensure that you insert the tool in the right slot which is located just beside the SIM tray. Don’t force it out, else the SIM tray will damage.
- If you cannot manage to open the SIM tray even with the right tools, it is best that you visit a Huawei store.
Rapid Battery Drain, Overheating and Performance Problem
Another common issue that Huawei Honor 7x users have been complaining about is battery drain, overheating and performance. When it comes to performance issues the problems seen are lags, screen blackouts, screen freezing etc. All the problems can be solved if you use the tips mentioned below.
- High-performance videos are excruciating to the battery life of your phone. You can have a couple of them installed but too many will lead to both battery drain and performance issues.
- When your Honor7x is charging don’t use it to watch videos or play games. This will definitely heat your smartphone and even drain the battery of your phone. Wait for it to charge completely and then use your phone.
- While downloading videos from entertainment channels, you should use a lower resolution of the video so there is no overheating or rapid battery drain on your phone.
- Most problems of a smartphone are caused by the third party apps. There may be different reasons for this. You first need to check how much battery is being used by all these apps. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Setting Usage – check the list of apps and see which one is using the most battery. You can uninstall the app and use a different one instead.
- Never expose your phone to direct heat especially sunlight for a long time. It will overheat your phone and meddle with its performance too.
- One of the biggest reasons for performance issues on a phone is the memory. If the memory of your phone is full then you will definitely face all sorts of performance issues on your phone. Uninstall the apps that are no longer in use and move all the videos and pictures to a different storage. Wipe cache of the apps to boost the performance.
- A Factory Reset clears your phones customized settings and data and restores it back to its Factory self. You should perform a data backup and perform Factory Reset. You will find your phone running fast and other problems also would have disappeared.
SD Card is Undetected
Next, in the list of Honor 7x problems is that the SD card isn’t detected even when it is inserted into the slot. Here is what you need to do:
- You can format the SD card on a computer. Take a back-up of the card and then go ahead with the formatting. Now copy the data back and then re-insert it into your Honor 7x.
- You should also try using a different SD card and see if it works on your phone.
- If nothing seems to work then there may be a problem in the slot of the phone. You should get it checked with Huawei skilled personnel.
Bluetooth Connection Problem
Those facing Bluetooth issues on your Huawei 7x can resort to these tips below to solve their problem.
- Turn off your Huawei Honor 7x and the Bluetooth device that you are connected to. Wait for a few seconds and start them again. Now try and connect both the devices to see if the connection can be established.
- Delete the device from the Bluetooth list and then establish a fresh connection:
Go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap on the ‘i’ beside the device that you want to unpair and remove it. Now establish a connection from fresh.
Sound from the Earpiece is Robotic
Users have complained about the audio being metallic when they talk through earphones or handsfree. Here is what you can do.
- Perhaps the call volume is very low, so increase the volume when you are speaking through loudspeaker so the sound is loud and clear.
- If you are not using original Huawei earphones then there may be a problem with the earphones that you are using. Try using better quality earphones to get rid of this problem.
Another Honor 7x issue that the users are speaking of is their touchscreen getting unresponsive at times.
- A restart will help you get rid of the problem.
- If the weather doesn’t permit you to roam around without gloves then you can buy ones that are mobile touchscreen friendly. There is a glove mode that you can activate to use the phone with the gloves:
Go to Settings > Smart Assistance > More > Glove Mode – toggle it ON.
- If you have oil, water or dirt on your fingers then the touchscreen won’t work. There shouldn’t be any dust or oil particles on the screen too.
- As a last resort, you should try a Factory Reset. Follow the steps above to perform it.
Follow the guide above on common Huawei 7x problems and their fixes to handle the issues with ease.