The primary advantage of owning a laptop is undoubtedly its portability. This vital feature allows you to take your laptop to wherever you travel. One of the most important aspects that you would definitely want to look into in a travel laptop is the weight factor. Compact and ultra-thin laptops are also worth considering for this purpose. Almost all popular manufacturers have at least a few laptops to offer that meet these criteria. This can help you make your choice from your favorite brand.
The following list gives you a few suggestions to ensure that your decision making process is a less challenging task.
Best Travel Laptop with Huge Memory
Acer Aspire LED Back-lit Display Travel Laptop
The Acer Aspire laptop comes with a FHD 15.6” LED Back-lit display widescreen that features 1920 x 1080p resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio. The laptop is integrated with 6 GB dual channel memory and 1 TB HDD on-board storage. It also features an Intel Core i3 dual core processor with a maximum clocking frequency of 3.4 GHz and 2 GB Intel UHD Graphics 620 graphics co-processor. The device is preloaded with 64-bit Windows 10 operating system.
The black laptop encompasses an M-DISC enabled 8X DVD double layer Drive RW type optical drive, a Secure Digital SD card reader, a microphone, two AcerTrue Harmony incorporated built-in stereo speakers and a HD 1280 x 720p resolution webcam with HDR capability. The system also features multiple ports like a USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, two USB 3.0 ports (one with power off charging), a USB 2.0 port, a VGA port, an RJ-45 port and a HDMI port with HCP support. The device encompasses Bluetooth 4.1 and dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 ac with MU-MIMO technology. It is available in different variants of the laptop alone, loaded with Microsoft Office 365 Home and loaded with Microsoft Office 365 Home & Student. The laptop works with a six-cell 2,800 mAh lithium ion battery that lasts 13.5 hours.
Who should buy this?
- The Acer laptop is a great option for people who would like to store a lot of files or really big files on their hard disk because of the huge storage available.
- The Acer TrueHarmony support for the speakers ensures that the system is ideal for those who do not want any compromise in sound quality when watching their favorite videos.
Best Travel Laptop with Three Color Options
Lenovo IdeaPad Business Travel Laptop
The Lenovo IdeaPad laptop features a 15.6” HD 1366 x 768p resolution display screen with energy efficient LED backlighting. The screen also supports options for FHD resolution and touchscreen capability. The laptop comes with 8 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD as internal storage. It also incorporates an 8th Gen Intel dual core i3 processor that can boost up to 3.4 GHz and an Intel UHD Graphics 620 graphics co-processor. The system is preloaded with 64-bit Windows 10 Home operating system and various apps such as Lenovo App Explorer, Lenovo ID, Lenovo Companion 3.0 driver update and 30-day free trial versions of Office 365 and McAfee LiveSafe to enhance productivity.
The laptop encases a 720p HD webcam, two 2 W Dolby Audio speakers and a 4-in-1 SD / SDHC / SDXC / MMC card reader. The system is also integrated with a range of ports like a HDMI output port, a headphone jack, a USB 3.0 Type C port and two USB 3.0 Type A ports. The device features Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth and Ethernet 10/100/1000 wireless data transfers. It is available in three color options of platinum gray, onyx black and coral red. The laptop comes with a three-cell lithium ion 45 Whr battery that retains its juice for about six hours before it is time for a recharge.
Who should buy this?
- The Lenovo laptop is a great choice for people who wish to perform business related tasks when they are on the move.
- The LED backlighting makes the device ideal for those who are apprehensive about their system consuming too much power.
- The inclusion of an antivirus software ensures that the laptop is definitely a good choice for people who are skeptical about their system being prone to virus and malware attacks.
Best Travel Laptop with Touchscreen
HP Pavilion Travel Laptop
The HP Pavilion laptop houses a 15.6” SVA BrightView Display WLED-backlit HD touchscreen with 1366 x 768p resolution and 10-finger multi-touch support. The laptop comes in two options of RAM and storage. One of them is 8 GB RAM and 2 TB hard disk storage while the other variant comprises 12 GB RAM and 1 TB storage. The former version has a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-7200 processor with turbo boost of 3.10 GHz. The latter version has a quad core i5 8250U processor that has a maximum clocking frequency of 3.4 GHz. Both models encompass an Intel HD Graphics 620 graphics co-processor and come preinstalled with 64 Windows 10 Home operating system.
The 8 GB model is silver in color whereas the 12 GB counterpart has a blue color body. The former device comprises a full-size island style keyboard with numeric keypad, a DVD writer, a multi-format digital media card reader, stereo speakers with HD audio quality and a front facing VGA webcam with integrated digital microphone. With respect to the latter model, there is no optical drive. The keyboard supports backlighting while the camera is a HP WideVision HD webcam with integrated dual digital microphone and the two speakers render B&O Play Audio. The 8 GB system features two USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, a USB 2.0 port, a HDMI port, an RJ 45 port and a headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack. However, the 12 GB device has a USB 3.1 Type C port, two USB 3.1 ports, a HDMI 1.4 port, an RJ 45 port and a headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack. The 8 GB RAM version offers Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth wireless connectivity options that are replaced by RealTek Wireless AC WLAN with MU-MIMO support and Bluetooth 4.2 in the 12 GB RAM version. Both laptops work using a three-cell 31 Whr lithium ion battery with a lifespan of 8 hours.
Who should buy this?
- The inclusion of a DVD writer makes the 8 GB HP laptop a great option for people who would like to save their favorite files on to a DVD.
- The 12 GB system is ideal for those who work at night with minimum lighting or in the dark because of the backlighting of the keyboard.
Best Travel Laptop with MaxxAudio Speakers
Dell Inspiron Multitasking Friendly Travel Laptop
The Dell Inspiron laptop comes with a HD WLED back-lit display featuring 1366 x 768p resolution. The BrightView glossy screen retains the vivid colors of videos and photos. The laptop incorporates 4 GB RAM and 500 GB solid state flash memory for internal storage. It also integrates a dual core AMD processor that clocks at 2.5 GHz and an AMD Radeon R4 graphics co-processor with shared video memory. The system has Windows 10 Home preinstalled on it.
The black colored laptop encompasses a multi-format SD media card reader, a webcam, two stereo speakers with MaxxAudio functionality and a super-multi DVD/CD burner. The device comprises many port choices such as an RJ 45 port, a headphone/microphone combo jack, a USB 2.0 port, a HDMI port and two USB 3.0 ports. It supports wireless Wi-Fi 802.11 b, 802.11 b/g and 802.11 bgn, as well as Bluetooth 4.0 data transfer. The laptop comes with a 4-cell 40 Whr lithium ion battery that lasts five hours with normal use.
Who should buy this?
- The high bandwidth RAM makes the Dell laptop undoubtedly worth considering by people who engage in a lot of multitasking.
- The device is apt for those who do not want any compromise to the sound quality rendered whether they are watching a movie, playing a game or listening to music because of its MaxxAudio speakers.
- The DVD/CD burner ensures that the laptop is ideal for those who want to burn their favorite content into a DVD or CD in multiple formats to prevent them from accidentally getting lost or deleted.
- The system is a good bet for those who want to connect their laptop to other devices to view its content on a bigger screen.
Best Travel Laptop with Dual Band Wi-Fi
Fusion5 Full HD IPS Travel Laptop
The Fusion5 laptop has a 14.1” IPS Full HD display screen with a high resolution of 1920 x 1080p. The laptop utilizes a RAM capacity of 4 GB and 32 GB eMMC on-board storage. This storage can be increased up to 1 TB using a hard disk drive or up to 256 GB with a micro SD or TF card. The laptop additionally encases an Intel Cherrytail quad core processor that clocks at a maximum frequency of 1.92 GHz and an Intel HD graphics co-processor. It is preloaded with Windows 10 operating system.
The black and silver laptop is lightweight and has a highly flexible design. The device is capable of stretching up to an angle of 170 degrees that makes it very flat, if required. The system houses a HDD slot, a multi-format card reader and a front facing single VGA camera. The device comprises two USB 3.0 ports and a HDMI port with mini HDMI support. It supports dual band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connectivity options. The laptop comes with a warranty period of 12 months. It works with a 37 Whr 10,000 mAh battery that lasts for a reasonably long time.
Who should buy this?
- The Fusion5 laptop is undoubtedly the best option for people who want to send and receive data at a very fast rate because of its 5 GHz Wi-Fi support.
- The ability to keep the system in a flat orientation makes it ideal for those who wish to use it for preparing graphs and PowerPoint presentations.
- The device is suitable for those who are looking for alternative ways to increase the existing memory of their system memory other than by using a memory card.
- The IPS display makes the laptop a good choice for those who want to enjoy a realistic experience when watching a movie or playing a game while they are traveling.
Best Travel Laptop with Optical Drive
Asus Matte Finish Travel Laptop
The Asus laptop comes with a 15.6” HD glossy display with 1366 x 768p resolution and supports LED backlighting. The laptop is integrated with 8 GB RAM and 1 TB hybrid HDD storage. It has three options for the processor, namely, AMD quad core A12, Intel Core i5, AMD quad core E2 and Pentium quad core with clocking frequencies of 3.1 GHz, 2.7 GHz, 3.4 GHz and 1.5 GHz respectively. The corresponding options for the graphics processor are Intel HD Graphics 620, AMD Radeon R7, Intel UHD Graphics 605 and AMD Radeon R2 respectively. The system is preloaded with Windows 10 operating system.
The stylish laptop has a silver color for its top case and a black spin texture LCD cover with a tactile matte finish. The device comprises an ergonomically designed keyboard that incorporates IceCool technology, an 8x double layer super-multi optical drive, a VGA camera with integrated microphone, small on-board speakers that utilize ASUS AudioWizard and ASUS SonicMaster technology, as well as a 3-in-1 SD/SDHC/SDXC card reader. The slew of connectivity ports comprise an audio-in & headphone-out combo jack, a RJ 45 port for LAN, two USB 3.0 ports, a USB 2.0 port, a HDMI port and a D-Sub VGA port. The system supports Wi-Fi 802.11 ac / bgn and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless data transfers. The laptop works with a two-cell lithium ion 37 Whr battery that has a reasonably long battery life.
Who should buy this?
- The ASUS laptop is a great option for people who want a memorable travel experience listening to their favorite music or watching a movie with high sound quality on their device.
- The system is worth considering by those for whom the look and feel of their laptop is of primary concern.
- The device is ideal for those who travel on work because of its ability to render seamless multitasking capabilities because of the 8 GB RAM.
Best Travel Laptop with Full Number Keypad
Samsung Wide Viewing Angle Travel Laptop
The Samsung laptop encompasses an FHD LED display with 1920 x 1080p resolution and an anti-glare screen. The laptop incorporates 8 GB RAM and 1 TB storage. It features an AMD Ryzen 5 processor that clocks at 2 GHz and can be boosted to 3.6 GHz, as well as an AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics co-processor. The system is preinstalled with Windows 10 operating system.
The light titan colored laptop has a seamless metal design and an ultra-slim profile that allows you to put it into any bag with ease. The device has a comfort keyboard with ergonomic keycaps, a full number keypad and a precision touchpad. It also houses a webcam, a couple of 1.5 W stereo speakers and an internal microphone. The system has multiple I/O connectivity ports that comprise two USB 3.0 ports, a USB 2.0 port, a HDMI out port, an RJ 45 LAN port and a headphone out/microphone in port. The device permits wireless data transfer with Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi 802.11 ac options. The ENERGY STAR certified laptop works with a lithium ion 43 Whr battery that lasts 6.5 hours on full charge.
Who should buy this?
- The ultra-slim design makes the Samsung laptop ideal for people who want to carry their device with them to wherever they are traveling.
- The anti-glare property ensures that the system suitable for those who use their laptop in outdoor locations like beaches as part of their travel.
- The device is ideal for those who rely on a lot of numerical data for their work because of the number keypad in the keyboard.
Best Travel Laptop with Keyboard Case
RCA Galileo Pro Android 6.0 Travel Laptop
The RCA Galileo Pro laptop has a 11.5” screen with HD quality display and touchscreen functionality. The laptop comprises 1 GB RAM with 32 GB storage. The system also includes an Intel Atom quad core processor with a clocking frequency of 1.3 GHz and an integrated Intel HD Graphics co-processor. The system works on Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow that comes preinstalled.
The charcoal colored device features a keyboard case, a micro-SD card slot and a 2 MP rear webcam. The keyboard can be detached to make the laptop function like a tablet if needed. It has multiple connectivity ports that include a micro USB 2.0 port, a USB 2.0 port, a mini HDMI port, a microphone jack and a headphone jack. The laptop works with a lithium metal battery that offers six hours of uninterrupted usage on a single charge.
Who should buy this?
- The RCA laptop is ideal for people who would like to use the same device as a laptop at home and as a tablet when they travel.
- The keyboard case makes the system a good bet for those who are apprehensive of their keyboard being prone to damage due to unwanted pressing of keys when not in use.
- The choice of Android as the operating system ensures that the laptop is worth considering by those who would like to access various apps of multiple categories.
Best Travel Laptop with Metal Body
Acer Stylish Chromebook Travel Laptop
The Acer Chromebook houses a 14” Full HD screen with widescreen IPS display, LED backlighting and 1920 x 1080p resolution and anti-glare property. The Chromebook supports 4 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC storage and 100 GB Google Drive space. It also includes an Intel Celeron quad core processor that clocks at a maximum frequency of 2.24 GHz and an Intel HD graphics co-processor. The device runs on Google Chrome operating system. It gives you access to apps of various genres through the Google Play Store.
The silver colored device has a full aluminum body with perfect and symmetric rounded corners, as well as a hairline brush finish. The Chromebook features a 1280 x 720p HD webcam with support for High Dynamic Range imaging, a microphone and two stereo speakers. The system incorporates a HDMI port with HDCP support and two USB 3.0 ports. It allows wireless data transfers using Bluetooth 4.2 and dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 ac with MIMO technology. The Chromebook comes with a black protective sleeve that has a grainy texture. It works with a lithium polymer battery that has a lifespan of 12 hours.
Who should buy this?
- The included protective sleeve makes the Acer Chromebook apt for frequent travelers who would like to keep their device safe whenever they are on the move.
- The device is ideal for those who wish to take it with them wherever they go because of the aluminum body that makes it quite rugged.
- The system is apt for people who want their files to get automatically updated on a periodic or regular basis.
- The HDR support for the webcam makes it highly suitable for those who want to engage in video chats with utmost clarity.
When you buy a laptop for use during travel, you must first analyze what you would primarily need the laptop for. This can help you take your pick from those laptops that have the features that match your requirements. For example, devices with wide angle screens and/or Dolby speakers are worth looking into if you are looking for a system to entertain yourself when you are on the move. If you are using it for business or work, looking for ones with decent RAM and memory specifications are ideal because you are likely to do a lot of multitasking. Last, but not the least, if looks matter to you, check out those laptops with multiple color options and a metallic finish.