The category of tablets is slowly reaching a point where you have half-a-dozen models that either cater to the entry-level segment or consist of elite versions such as the iPad Pro or the Microsoft Surface 3. Refurbished tablets provide an option where you can get the high-end variants at a much cheaper cost, whereas the budget-friendly tablets become all the more affordable.
Besides, in select models, you may also get a renewed version of the tablet bundled with additional accessories such as Bluetooth keyboard and stylus, among other peripherals. It makes them more productive and easy to use, similar to how anyone would want to use a laptop for entertainment or work. The list given here brings you all the best-renewed tablets that are available to choose from.
See also: Top best tablets for bloggers
Best Refurbished Tablets
The Best Portable Windows Machine for You
Microsoft Surface 3 10.8-inch Touchscreen 4 GB 4G LTE Tablet
Microsoft Surface 3 is a benchmark in terms of tablet performance and build quality. The company, instead of relying on third-party manufacturers made their tablet. The idea was to deliver the best Windows 10 experience possible, and the Surface 3 comfortably delivers on all fronts so that you can make the most out of your investment.
While the biggest complaint was its expensive price tag, it is no longer an issue when you buy the best-refurbished tablets in renewed condition. The 128 GB SSD delivers the Surface 3 features an enormous 10.8-inch display, which is powered by the Intel Atom x7 1.60GHz paired with 4 GB of RAM, and memory. The tablet runs on Wi-Fi, but it also features 4G LTE connectivity so that you can stay connected to the internet on the go.
The device runs on Windows 10 Pro edition out of the box, and the advantage of the renewed version is that for less than $300, you can get the tablet along with the type cover. The accessory allows you to convert it into a full-fledged laptop so that you can be more productive with your purchase. The front has a 5-megapixel camera for video calls, and the tablet can be positioned in different angles using the versatile stand.
What Makes the Surface 3 a Great Product from Microsoft?
- The build quality is one of the best in the market, and it competes directly with the iPad or MacBook Air in terms of design too.
- The addition of a keyboard makes the tablet a productive solution than being just a consumer’s device.
- Microsoft Surface 3 is an excellent tablet that delivers the complete Windows 10 experience.
- A brand new one can be expensive, but the refurbished edition is more affordable for everyone.
- The additional cover and the productive aspects of the tablet makes it an all-rounder suitable for all kinds of users
The Most Powerful iOS Experience with a Bezel-Less Design
Apple iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi and Cellular 256 GB Silver Edition
When going for a refurbished product, the tablet that just got newly launched may not be the first choice for many buyers. However, when you can get the same new device for hundreds of dollars less than the latest edition, it should be on your list. The Apple iPad Pro 11-inch is a newly launched model with no bezels at all, and there is no home button, unlike the older models.
Besides, the device is powered by the latest and the most powerful A12X bionic chipset, which delivers a seamless Face ID detection, has Apple Pay, and also has Neural engine technology. When all this is combined with the beautiful 11-inch Liquid Retina display and a wide color range, you get the most immersive iOS experience. The product comes with a limited warranty period, and it is tested for efficiency before it is sold to buyers.
The tablet features a 12-megapixel rear camera, which, when paired with the powerful chipset, is capable of creating some fantastic photographs. The iPad Pro latest edition is an all-rounder multimedia device equipped with four-speaker audio that gives you a Surround Sound experience without having to use a headphone at all times. The tablet also excels in terms of battery life as it can last 10 hours on a single charge.
What Makes the Apple iPad Pro 11-inch a Solid Tablet?
- The best of iOS can be experienced on the latest and the most excellent tablet, which has a large bezel-less display.
- The camera performance is impressive.
- It also sports Surround Sound speakers for watching movies or listening to music on the go.
- A luxurious experience for those who love the iOS ecosystem.
- It is for those looking for an Apple iPad Pro at a lower price.
- It is the best-refurbished tablet from Apple that delivers the latest chipset which is a powerhouse and capable of handling all kinds of iOS apps – both entertainment and productive apps.
A Compact Android Tablet from Samsung
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 128 GB Wi-Fi Tablet
Samsung is the best manufacturer in the field of Android when directly compared with Apple’s iPad. The design of the tablet is compact and easy to use with one hand even though it sports a large 10.1-inch display. The company identifies it as the wide immersive display which has a cinematic aspect ratio, making it one of the best tablet screens to watch movies, YouTube videos, and even read books comfortably.
The Galaxy Tab A 10.1-inch display is equipped with all the things that are required to make it a complete entertainment device. Apart from the large screen, it also supports Dolby Atmos Surround Sound, allowing you to enjoy movies with spectacular sound effects without using headphones. You can be sure that the same sound quality will be transferred to your headphones when you use them.
In terms of specifications, the processor and the RAM capacity is ample to make it an all-rounder tablet for both entertainment and productivity. You can comfortably pair it up with a Bluetooth keyboard in case there is work to be done. It also doubles up as a great way to enjoy the best Android apps and games on the go. The expandable memory makes it easier to carry all the music and movies for offline use.
What Makes the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 an Ideal Product?
- The display resolution and its aspect ratio are ideal for watching movies or YouTube videos.
- The tablet is capable of delivering an incredible, immersive sound.
- It has great battery life.
- The Samsung tablet is a perfect solution for anyone who watches lots of videos and movies on their portable device.
- It is ideal for use with expandable memory.
- For those who are particular about excellent sound quality, it delivers a great Dolby Atmos Surround Sound experience
A Great Streaming Device for Home Entertainment
Apple iPad Air 32 GB Wi-Fi Edition
The renewed version of the Apple iPad Air is a great streaming solution because, with its limited 32 GB of space, the majority of space will be occupied by the iOS operating system. However, you will still have the space to install popular streaming services such as Netflix, Prime, and Apple Music. Instead of storing them all locally, there is an option to stream them using your home network directly.
The advantage of going for the Apple iPad Air is that the device has an excellent display and build quality when compared with most other products out in the stores. There are very few Android tablets that you can entirely rely on, whereas Apple continues to release new tablets almost every year with changes in form or some other factor. The pricing of the product when you purchase it in the refurbished condition is a little over $100 with the same build quality.
This particular model has a 9.7-inch Retina display with large bezels, and there is still a home button making it easier to navigate the tablet without having to rely on touchscreen gestures entirely. Besides, many of the iPad models continue to receive new iOS upgrades making them efficient and on par with new models with features such as the dark-mode that are rolled out by the developers. It supports 1080p video recording and has a 5-megapixel iSight camera. The tablet runs on the A7 chip, which is very powerful and suffices to meet most of your everyday activities.
What Makes the Apple iPad Air 32 GB Ideal for Streaming?
- The display is large and looks visually appealing, making it a perfect solution for movies and music streaming.
- The presence of the physical home button combined with the headphone jack makes it an all-rounder multimedia device.
- Those looking for a unique design. iPad Air has a unique design that merges the display with the touchscreen allowing you to feel no gap between your icons and your finger when you touch it.
- If you are looking for excellent features, all these capabilities, combined with Apple’s fantastic build quality and flawless performance makes it worth the money.
A Futuristic Tablet without a Home Button and All-Display Design
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 128 GB Wi-Fi Tablet
Everything about this new Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e is excellent. There is no home button and an all-display design which makes it look as futuristic as it could get. A lot of smartphones follow the same design aesthetics by pushing the fingerprint sensor to the back or inside the display. It is great to see an Android tablet follow this and still look great because it is a device launched in the S10 series timeline.
The Galaxy Tab S5e is an ultra-light product that feels thin and nice to hold for long hours without straining your wrist. Besides, the new product is fully compatible with the Galaxy S10 phones allowing you to connect it to a smartphone and make phone calls. It is an advantage as you don’t need a SIM card or 4G LTE connectivity on your tablet to make or receive calls.
The keyboard is optional, but when paired with one, it will provide you many ways to stay productive with your tablet and type e-mails, watch YouTube videos, or even handle spreadsheets without having to move to a Mac or a Windows PC. It features smart connectivity technology that allows you to pair your Samsung product with compatible smart home products to control the room temperature, the television, and your home lights for a complete ecosystem experience.
What Makes the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e a Perfect Device for Home?
- Samsung has made it in such a way that your tablet seamlessly works with all smart devices at home, allowing you to control them all.
- It is the best-refurbished tablet that makes use of bezel-less design, no home button, and is also compatible with S10 devices.
- This is recommended for users who have already committed themselves to the Samsung ecosystem.
- It is for those who need a powerful, productive tablet for work and entertainment. They would find this S5e device an excellent value for money, especially when you plan to buy it refurbished.
A Compact Tablet for Young Kids
iPad Mini 4 128 GB Silver Wi-Fi and Cellular Edition
The iPad Mini is an alternative to Google Nexus tablets, which are no longer in production. While it runs on the latest iOS operating system, the tablet is also compact and easy to use for young kids as well as older people. In terms of specifications, the display is 7.9-inch, which has a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels, and it features a Retina display that is capable of producing beautiful videos and even takes photos in case you like to use your tablet for photographs.
The iPad Mini is very similar to the iPad Air tablets released in the year, and the company has never focused firmly on the technical specifications. All that you would know when you purchase an iPad is that it will deliver on all fronts, including excellent build quality, finish, and will have frequent OS updates. All the new features that you find on a new iPad will be made available or is already rolled out as an over-the-air update for the Mini version.
Out of the box, the renewed edition is expected to run on iOS 9, but you can always update it once you connect it to a Wi-Fi network. The A8 chip powers the tablet. It is a dual-core processor and is more than enough for all kinds of apps like Netflix and also supports the latest games unless it is too demanding like Asphalt or PUBG. Besides, kids can use it to play educational titles. The tablet has an 8-megapixel camera and supports 1080p video recording.
What Makes the iPad Mini 4 128 GB an Appropriate Solution for Kids?
- The size of the product is compact and easy to handle for children of all age groups.
- The iPad Mini has a fantastic display, making it an easy pick for both educational and entertainment purposes.
- A refurbished iPad Mini is the best tablet for users who have fundamental needs and would like to have a product that works out of the box. The iOS operating system has all the apps and games that young children, as well as older adults, would like, and it is delivered as a small and compact tablet.
Best Refurbished Tablet for Productivity and Education
Microsoft Surface Go 2-in-1 Tablet PC Education Bundle
Microsoft Surface range of tablets is the best when it comes to offering a portable Windows 10 experience. There are plenty of benefits when using Windows as your choice of the operating system because you gain access to the full version of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, among other software programs. They are all available as apps in the Microsoft Store.
The tablet features a large 10-inch display which has a resolution of 1800 x 1200 pixels. The touchscreen display, when paired with a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, and the Nuvision digital pen, make it as productive as it could get, especially for those on the go. This special edition comes bundled with all the above-said accessories so that you can get the best value for money with a refurbished product.
The Surface Go two is equipped with all the connectivity ports, including a microSD card slot, has USB Type C for connectivity, and the 3.5 mm headphone jack. While manufacturers are busy removing the jack from the smartphones, it is good that they still retain it on all tablets allowing you to enjoy the video and other media on the go without having to rely on an adapter. The tablet can do a lot of different things that a laptop does, making it the best of both worlds.
What Makes the Microsoft Surface Go 2 an Appropriate Device for Productivity?
- People who like to go for a laptop for work can comfortably choose the Microsoft Surface Go 2 because it delivers a near Windows 10 experience similar to a desktop or laptop.
- The apps are easy to access and use as they are all downloadable from the official Windows store.
- Surface Go 2 brings the best of both worlds together as it is an excellent tablet for media consumption, and when it is bundled with a mouse, stylus, and keyboard can easily do the work of a laptop.
- The touchscreen and the excellent design make it one of the best-refurbished tablets you could buy that is useful for office.
An Entry Level Easy Pick
Slate 10-inch Tablet by Sprint 16 GB Sapphire Black Edition
Made by Sprint, a reputed cellular service provider, the Slate 10-inch tablet has received positive reviews across the line-up and stands out as a dependable, entry-level tablet for all purposes. The design and the slim form of the tablet reminds one a lot of the Google Nexus 7 tablet from the past. However, this one is brand new and houses the best internal specifications that you can rely upon.
The display size is rather large at 10-inches allowing you to watch movies, read e-books, YouTube videos, or music on full screen. Despite the large size, the tablet still manages to be extremely compact, slim, and thin so that you can easily handle it with one hand. The positive feedback from buyers also stands proof to the fact that it is reliable in the long run. The Slate 10-inch has an extremely affordable price tag.
Samsung and Apple dominate the best-refurbished tablets list because they are the two significant firms making newer tablets in this generation. There are other alternatives, such as the Amazon Fire tablets that are primarily dependent on their ecosystem. The Sprint Slate 10-inch tablet runs on Android and should provide a comfortable environment for you to explore all your favorite apps and games.
What Makes the Slate 10-inch Tablet by Sprint a Reliable Product?
- The large display makes it great for media consumption, yet it manages to deliver a hassle-free experience in terms of usability.
- The tablet runs on a Qualcomm processor and has decent build quality considering its affordable price tag.
- A great tablet by Sprint that balances the best of productive use combined with useful design and something which can be used by the entire family.
- If you are considering using it for fun games and apps, instead of using it for office purposes, it is an excellent device for the price.
A Tablet for Every Purpose
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 16 GB Verizon Edition with Wi-Fi
The best refurbished tablets are often the ones made by Samsung or Apple because these are the most popular brands that you could buy today. Brands like LG, Huawei, and Google that made tablets in the past are no longer making them, which makes it challenging to find them in renewed variants. The pricing, which is just a little over $100, adds up to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 as a viable option for anyone looking to buy an affordable product.
Besides, the design, even though slightly old, has a very ergonomic finish to it, making the tablet more comfortable to hold and use with one hand. The moderately sized bezels on the sides ensure that you don’t press icons accidentally on the touchscreen. The tablet sports a large 10-inch display allowing ample screen real estate for users to enjoy movies and even read e-books on the wide display.
Under the hood, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm processor coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage space. You can always choose to expand it further up to 64 GB using the micro SD card slot. The tablet which runs on Android Kit Kat 4.4 is slightly old when it comes to offering new features, but all your favorite streaming apps and games should run without any issues.
What Makes the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 an All-Purpose Tablet?
- The display is rather large, allowing users to enjoy their content, be it movies or books on a widescreen.
- The tablet still retains a home button making it easier to navigate between apps and should deliver excellent battery life as you won’t be running demanding apps because of its limited hardware specifications.
- The average user doesn’t need lots of storage space and is okay with using the tablet as a streaming device for watching movies, playing some casual games, and reading e-books.
A Brilliantly Designed Compact Tablet for Reading
HP 7 G2 1315 7-inch 8 GB Tablet Silver
The range of tablets released by HP is quite limited, at least in the recent past, but the company still has some good refurbished tablets in their existing line-up. They release the best products from time to time, and the HP 7 G2 1315 is one of their amazing offerings that deliver on all fronts. The tablet is compact, easy to use, and is a perfect e-book reader that you can use instead of the Amazon Kindle.
The bright display is much more immersive when compared to using a Kindle because of the backlit display, and it also doubles up as an excellent device to watch YouTube videos or movies by streaming. The tablet has just 8 GB of storage space, and you should be aware that it is best used in a Wi-Fi network. The 7-inch IPS model has a resolution of 1280 x 720, which is backed up by the Allwinner A33 ARM Cortex A7 Quad-Core processor.
The device has 8 GB of storage with just 1 GB of RAM and can deliver about 5.5 hours of battery life. The overall build quality is good, and it is also lightweight to hold in one hand. Being an HP product, there is no need to worry about the warranty or any other support you might need. The refurbished product comes with a 90-day guarantee, and it will work much longer than advertised, which is why a lot of people buy refurbished products at cheaper pricing.
What Makes the HP 7 G2 1315 7-inch 8 GB Tablet a Solid Pick?
- The compact and slim design of the tablet makes it easy to be used by people of all age groups.
- A reliable product from HP that is great for streaming content in a Wi-Fi network.
- The HP tablet is 7-inches, and the display is ideal for all kinds of usage scenarios like reading books, movies, or merely browsing through some apps like Instagram or Facebook.
- While the limited storage space might cause some issues, it shouldn’t be a problem if you can stay connected to a network at all times.
Get the Largest and Most Immersive iOS Experience
Apple iPad 12.9-inch iPad Pro 128 GB Wi-Fi 4G LTE Space Gray
The Apple iPad Pro lineup continues to dominate the luxury end of the tablet market because there is no competitor to go against them at this level. Apart from being the professional brand that brings out tablets for creators, iPad Pro is also for the consumer who is looking for an affordable variant. The best refurbished tablet of them all, the Apple iPad 12.9-inch iPad Pro, has 128 GB of storage space besides supporting both Wi-Fi and 4G LTE for connectivity on the go.
The tablet features a large 12.9-inch display with a resolution of 2732 x 2048 pixels. The large screen size allows artists and all kinds of creators to have enough screen real estate to bring their creations to life. Instead of having to spend a lot, you can get the same experience for hundreds of dollars less with this refurbished edition. The latest Apple A-series processor powers the device.
It has a 1.2-megapixel camera in the front for video calls while the rear side has an 8-megapixel camera, and the four-speaker setup ensures that you get an immersive audio experience. The iPad Pro not only allows you to create content but is also an ideal device to enjoy movies, music, and present PowerPoint presentations in an office meeting. The tablet also supports 4G LTE allowing you seamless connectivity on the go.
What Makes the Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch the Best Creator’s Tablet?
- The large Retina display is one of the most significant selling points of this product.
- The powerful chip ensures all the exclusive iOS apps run smoothly, and the device is always responsive to whatever activity you like to get done.
- An iPad Pro is the most powerful tablet that you could buy for office use, creating content, or to enjoy entertainment on a massive screen.
- The fact that this refurbished tablet also happens to be more affordable than buying it new makes the deal more appealing to customers.
The tablet market is limited in recent times ever since big players like Google stopped making new ones. While Nexus tablets are the best, you will most probably find Apple and Samsung products all over the market. They are the best-refurbished tablets that you could buy today as Samsung delivers both large as well as compact ones. Apple, on the other hand, offers a premium experience with the iPad Pro or an easy-to-use device such as the iPad Mini. Irrespective of your choice of tablet, the refurbished editions are more affordable yet deliver the same performance and are fun to use.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.