Refurbished phones are an excellent solution for any buyer who would love to buy the latest flagship device but without spending a small fortune on it. The term ‘refurbished’ refers to phones taken back by the manufacturer due to defects or some other reasons, made as good as new to be sold once again for a much lower price. Buying them will help you get the best hardware specs, build, and flagship experience for a lower cost when compared to buying it at full price. The refurbished phones can be released all over again or can be older ones. Depending on the condition of the phone, the pricing will vary.
See also: Best waterproof Android phones
Best Refurbished Phones
Best Smartphone Camera on a Refurbished Model
Google Pixel 2 XL 128 GB Unlocked Renewed GSM Phone
A lot of buyers before they make their purchase decision try to keep their expectations low because of budget and never demand flagship experience. The Google Pixel 2 XL refurbished model with a massive 128 GB of storage space will quickly get rid of all the misconceptions one might have with regards to owning a great phone. Google phones deliver the best camera with AI, and you can get it for a low price, making it worth the investment.
Everything about this older flagship model is perfect because Pixel phones have aged quite graciously in terms of build quality and value for money. While the large bezels do show that they belong to a different era, it wouldn’t hinder the smartphone experience you can get from a trustworthy product. In terms of specifications, the Pixel 2 XL has a compact 6-inch AMOLED display with a Snapdragon processor and gets maximum support from Google in terms of OS updates.
The phone was well ahead of its time when it was released that makes it more relevant to purchase it now because it uses a USB Type C port allowing you to charge it quickly. The AMOLED display makes the phone ideal for watching movies and YouTube videos. It has 12.3 megapixels rear camera along with an 8 megapixels front camera. All the connectivity features expected from a flagship smartphone, including Bluetooth and Wi-fi, are available on this phone. The battery life is measured to last an entire day on full charge even for power users.
What Makes the Google Pixel 2 XL 128 GB Refurbished a Good Choice?
- Google Pixel 2 XL is one of the best smartphone cameras that you could get in terms of picture quality.
- The phone offers the latest Android experience, gets ample support from Google, besides additional storage space for all your photos.
- Users who take a lot of pictures and need extra storage space will find this deal the best. The Google Pixel 2 XL is a good phone in terms of specifications and performance, especially when you can get it at such an affordable price tag.
The Best Flagship Phone with a Headphone Jack and MicroSD Card Option
Samsung Galaxy S9 64 GB Lilac Purple Variant
The Samsung Galaxy S9 could have comfortably won the Best Smartphone of the Year Award. It is because the company managed to retain the headphone jack, no notch on top, and provided stereo speakers. Combine it with the excellent build quality, great camera performance, and the newly launched One UI as its default interface, you get the best, refurbished phone that runs on Android.
The Lilac Purple variant is just one of the many colors available, and you can also choose Galaxy S9 in Blue and Black. The pricing is around $600 for a refurbished edition available from reputed agents. While the warranty period might vary, it is powerful enough for power users and also dependable because of the assurance provided by a brand like Samsung.
The S9 has a compact 5.8-inch display with AMOLED that is the best in the industry. A 64-bit 10 nm octa-core processor powers the phone, and based on the edition that you choose, you might get an Exynos or Snapdragon variant. It has 4 GB RAM, 64 GB storage with a micro SD card, a 12 megapixels rear-facing camera and a front camera of 8 megapixels. S9 is easily a flagship Android experience worth owning that too at such a low price tag.
What Makes the Galaxy S9 a Good Phone?
- The phone excels in every department including display quality, AMOLED and has the headphone jack for those who love the feature.
- It also has an excellent camera performance and runs on the latest Android OS wrapped in OneUI.
- Galaxy S9 is a perfect choice for people who love freedom because it has a micro SD card slot, headphone jack, and choice of colors. Android lovers do have tons of models to pick from, but in the flagship end, Samsung phones are considered the equivalent of Apple iPhone. You can get the same quality with a cheaper refurbished model.
The Nostalgic, Affordable iPhone for Everyone
Apple iPhone 6 Renewed Space Gray Edition
Apple iPhone 6 is a nostalgic trip down memory lane where you can get the best iOS experience combined with a sturdy and large phone that is easy to handle. The iPhone has a home button, easy to use, and even has the headphone jack, which is something modern models cannot boast of. However, the 16 GB of storage space may be a limiting factor that makes the phone more useful for casual users.
In terms of performance, Apple has always set a benchmark, and all their phones, even those that are four or five years old continue to work very well. Any other Android device from this era may not fit the bill because they are unusable, whereas people still buy the iPhone 6 or 6S for its build quality and reliability. The renewed product is much more affordable as it costs just $100 or so and comes with a 90-day guarantee from the online store.
While the large bezels and overall specifications of the phone may not be up to the taste of new-age users, if you are a student or require a good iPhone that would get the job done, the iPhone 6 is still on the cards for many. Besides, the software and hardware sync on every Apple product makes them age well, and you can easily use this product for a year or so before it needs to be replaced.
What Makes the Apple iPhone 6 a Decent Choice?
- The pricing is one of the most significant selling points as it makes the iPhone 6 a viable choice for many.
- The operating system and the hardware work in unison to provide a excellent iOS experience despite the phone being old since its launch.
- The Apple iPhone 6 is a budget-friendly solution for anyone looking to buy an iPhone.
- It is also for the casual user looking for an older iPhone that can easily compete with entry-level Android phones of recent times.
A Large Note Device with the Headphone Jack
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Renewed Factory Unlocked 128 GB Edition
The Ocean Blue variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is an excellent smartphone you could get for a relatively low price. The phone has some impressive specifications including an extra-large 6.4-inch AMOLED display and is powered by the latest Snapdragon or Exynos processor. The large display size and compatibility with the S-Pen make the phone an excellent solution for anyone looking to be more productive with their smartphone.
In terms of performance, Galaxy Note 9 excels as it features an 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage allowing you to keep all the files you need. The screen is guarded by Gorilla Glass 5. The phone has an IP68 rating protecting it from water and dust and therefore making it one reliable device that can be used in any condition. Samsung specializes in creating amazing displays, and the OLED screen is one of the best, making the Note 9 the best, refurbished phones that you can purchase for a low price.
The stylus is a standout feature of the product allowing you to take notes, draw signs, and do a lot more. While the phone may be large to hold for people with small hands, most people who like to use it as a laptop will find the extra screen real estate handy. The OneUI updates make Samsung Android phones easy to use and intuitive than the older UI, especially when you can buy a refurbished one at this price.
What Makes the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 the Best?
- If you are looking for a large phone, Note 9 is the best refurbished phone that you can buy right away.
- Its compatibility with the stylus makes it a productive device, and it also has excellent battery life.
- The micro SD card support, headphone jack, stylus support, and a large AMOLED display when combined make the Galaxy Note 9 one of the best offerings from Samsung that makes it the most suitable phone for the discerning buyer.
An Impressive, Compact Phone from a Reputed Brand
LG Phoenix Plus K30 16 GB Renewed Phone
The LG Phoenix Plus K30 may not be a stylish phone, but it is a reliable device that you could use comfortably for a long time. The display size is the best because it is neither too big nor too small. The phone sports a 5.3-inch display and has large bezels. It won’t be surprising if large bezels become a stylish option very soon.
The phone features a moderate 8-megapixel camera in the rear and a 5-megapixel camera on the front. In terms of picture quality, you cannot expect too much from this phone because this is one of the entry-level smartphones that you can get for less than $100. The bar-shape of the phone with large bezels may make it look unique and also comfortable to use with one hand.
Despite being a compact device, it excels in battery life. The phone is powered by a 3000 mAh battery which lasts for a full day and possibly another if you are a casual user. The phone is ideal for making phone calls, texting, and e-mails, but it may lag when it comes to gaming performance. Besides, you should probably consider more expensive phones if gaming is your priority as this model is meant for business and casual users.
What Makes the LG Phoenix Plus K30 16 GB Smartphone an Ideal Device?
- The phone has a compact design allowing you to operate it with one hand efficiently.
- The design and placement of the fingerprint sensor are intuitive.
- It is for the casual user. The LG Phoenix Plus K30 is a solid entry-level smartphone that balances pricing and performance which assures the user of a clean Android experience. The phone’s performance is rather impressive besides having a sturdy build quality.
Best Android Phone with Oxygen OS
OnePlus 5T A5010 64 GB Midnight Black Renewed Edition
OnePlus has managed to build a fan following of its own, and their phones have always exhibited some exciting improvements compared to the older model. While the phone is based on the Android operating system, similar to how Samsung and Huawei have their UI skins on top of the OS, Oxygen OS is the one that is used by OnePlus. The OnePlus 5T is a great phone of choice with excellent design and hardware.
This particular model is made in China and is the unlocked edition that works with all GSM SIM cards. The phone has a large 6-inch display with bezels on both ends and is powered by the Snapdragon 835 processor. Using a flagship processor has its advantages as you can comfortably use all modern apps without any difficulty, and it will also keep the phone quite responsive with new updates.
The 5T features a 20-megapixel and 16-megapixel dual camera on the back. The OnePlus models are known for their great photographs, and you will not be disappointed with what the 5T has to offer in terms of color reproduction. The display is protected and made using Corning Gorilla Glass 5, making it extremely durable. For casual gaming and usage, this is a great phone which has a 3300 mAh battery that lasts all day long with moderate or even heavy usage.
What Makes the OnePlus 5T the Best Refurbished Phone?
- The renewed variant is quite affordable for which you can get flagship quality specifications and great performance.
- The build quality is fantastic. Besides, the Oxygen OS gives you one of the fastest Android experiences that you can ever get.
- For the casual gamer and user. OnePlus continues to be the most popular smartphone manufacturer ever since its inception. The 5T is a capable smartphone, ideal for gaming, work, and casual usage in a bundled package that delivers flagship-level performance at affordable pricing.
Best Refurbished Phones from Apple with A12 Bionic Chip
Apple iPhone XS 64 GB Renewed Edition
For those of you who are not technically savvy, the A12 Bionic chip is the most powerful chip created by the company. You can comfortably buy this phone that will deliver flagship performance for the next five years and more. Compared to older devices launched in the initial smartphone lifecycle, the newer ones are far more powerful. You can use it for messaging, calls, and internet without any trouble.
Besides, the Apple iPhone XS, which has 64 GB of storage space, delivers impressive performance with its A12 intelligent Bionic chip and even supports wireless charging. It features a glass back and a compact body with a display size of 5.8 inches. The camera performance is quite impressive as Apple always competes with Google and Samsung striving to deliver exhilarating results both in daylight and night shots.
The iPhone XS has a large notch which may put off some users, but once you start using the device, you will eventually get used to it. Besides, Apple always delivers seamless sync between software and hardware that makes all their iPhones future-proof for years to come. The XS is no different combined with a compact body, assured iOS updates, and a camera that delivers sharp and accurate pictures.
What Makes the iPhone XS 64 GB the best iOS phone?
- If you are looking to buy a powerful iOS device, iPhone XS is the best refurbished iPhone that you can get with an exceptionally well-powered processor.
- The design and build quality on this Apple iPhone is impeccable, making it worth the price tag.
- Those who are looking for an iPhone that will last for at least the next five years. While there are many renewed iPhones available in the market, if you are looking for a powerful device that should last you a few years, the iPhone XS should be on top of your list. The phone may not be an affordable solution, but it is priced lower than a brand-new one and delivers all the bells and whistles associated with an Apple product.
Best Smartphone Camera with Multiple Lenses to Choose From
Nokia 9 PureView 128 GB Renewed Edition
There are plenty of brands out there that make Android smartphones, but Nokia sets itself apart with the Nokia 9 PureView, which is a one-of-a-kind smartphone that you can make your own. Ever since it was launched, the array of camera setup on the back has always surprised people, and you will get some unique choices with this one, unlike any other model.
The phone sports a 5.99-inch 2K Display which supports HDR10, making it a cool choice to watch movies and enjoy all types of visual content with the highest color fidelity. The model has an array of five cameras on the rear end with the 12-megapixel capability, and they work together to adjust the ISO to deliver exceptional images in all kinds of lighting conditions. Instead of relying solely on software updates, the company delivers on the hardware front as well.
Zeiss optics deliver the camera lens and technology, and it allows you to capture even 4K videos with HDR capability. The phone also provides an Android experience, which is similar to what Google would offer on their Pixel smartphones. There is no UI on top of it, and the Nokia 9 PureView is also a viable pick for anyone who is not a big fan of Oxygen OS or OneUI. The phone runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 which is a flagship-grade chipset capable of handling the most demanding tasks.
What makes the Nokia 9 PureView 128 GB the Best Choice?
- The Nokia 9 PureView offers a vast array of cameras, unlike any other smartphone.
- It has a sturdy build quality made possible by the aluminum chassis and a great display.
- Android lovers who enjoy having multiple cameras on their smartphone and a vanilla OS experience will find the Nokia 9 PureView an apt solution. Besides, the lower pricing for the 128 GB renewed edition further makes it a value for money, flagship product.
Best Android Phone for Music Lovers
LG V35 ThinQ 64 GB Aurora Black Renewed
LG, as a brand focused more on sound and better headphone experience when every other manufacturer is keen on removing the headphone jack. Besides, when you buy the same phone as a renewed edition, you not only get the best music and smartphone experience but can also save hundreds of dollars than buying the boxed edition. The LG V35 ThinQ features a 6-inch display with FullVision, and the bezels are thin.
The HDR OLED screen is the best that money can buy because the phone though a bit old still delivers on all fronts without any compromise. Besides, the smartphone is also powered by the flagship processor, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, making it powerful enough to handle all apps and games without any signs of slowing down. The camera quality is decent and reliable, but it may not win any awards.
The only drawback is that the phone runs on Android 8 Oreo and may receive Android 9 at some point of time, but will not get any more upgrades. However, for the average user who is quite happy with all the available features and also likes to use the phone for a year or two, it wouldn’t pose any performance issues. The device has a dual 16-megapixel camera on the back and has the 3.5 mm headphone jack for those who love it.
What Makes the LG V35 ThinQ a Best Refurbished Phone for Music?
- The headphone jack, combined with the powerful processor and DAC on the inside makes it the best option for music lovers.
- The display is quite impressive with OLED and HDR support.
- If you have already invested in high-end headphones and love to listen to music on the go, the LG V35 ThinQ is an excellent phone as it retains the headphone jack. The device is also an ideal choice for anyone looking for a decent Android experience with an excellent display and battery life.
An Apple iPhone that you can buy in Vibrant Colors
Apple iPhone XR 64 GB Blue Renewed Edition
The Apple iPhone XR, despite all the mixed reviews and feedback, is one of the most vibrant phones Apple ever created with its fantastic list of color choices. If you don’t know yet, the XR is available in different options like white, blue, red, gold, coral, and black. Each one of the phones is unique. They are sturdy with a much larger size compared to other iPhones released so far.
When it comes to purchasing an Apple product, buyers never focus on the specifications, and the same goes for the iPhone XR. The phone is powered by the latest A12 Bionic chipset which is the fastest and most powerful chip created by the engineers at Apple. There is a large top-notch that is something you should learn to live with when purchasing this device.
The iPhone XR features a 12-megapixel rear camera that supports portrait mode and HDR videos. This particular blue variant works with Sprint cellular service. There are other colors that you could buy, which is compatible with AT&T and other networks. When you are looking to buy the best, refurbished phones, it is good to look for network compatibility as the XR colors work with specific networks and not all of them.
What Makes the Apple iPhone XR a Great Phone?
- It delivers some very exciting color choices to choose from.
- The camera portrait mode is unique and comes in handy to take great pictures of people in that mode.
- Those who are on the lookout for color choices. The iPhone XR from Apple is made to be less expensive and available in a range of colors for those who love color choices. The renewed edition makes it all the more affordable, and you can easily pick one that suits your taste.
A Unique Camera That Stands Out
Huawei P20 128 GB Unlocked Renewed Smartphone
The Huawei brand is among the top of the list as they deliver one great phone after another every year. The Huawei P20 sports a 5.8-inch display, and it runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Based on the edition that you receive, you might get an Android update, but even if not it will still function effectively. The phone is powered by the Kirin 970 processor which is on par with any Snapdragon chipset.
Not only is the P20 a great phone in terms of camera performance but also a great phone when it comes to battery life. The device is powered by a massive 3400 mAh battery that lasts more than a day if you are a moderate user and can also hold up against a power user’s requirements. There is a dual 12-megapixel camera on the rear capable of going up to f/1.8 aperture combined with a larger 20-megapixel camera.
The camera is equipped with a couple of useful features including laser autofocus, 2x zoom without any loss in image quality and a 24-megapixel camera. While newer models may have more cameras and produce slightly better images, the Huawei P20 stands out in terms of overall Android experience, the powerful chipset, and the price discount that you can get by going for a renewed edition.
What Makes the Huawei P20 the Best-in-class Camera Smartphone?
- Coming close to the lines of Pixel phones, the P20 utilizes an array of cameras to produce the best photographs possible.
- A large display that is great to watch movies, YouTube videos, and even use the phone to get some work done.
- P20 balances build, design, and camera performance made possible by a powerful processor that keeps the phone snappy at all times. If you are looking for something new and not the conventional brands, this is a good one on the radar to check out.
The best, refurbished phones from Apple, Google, Samsung, and other brands are listed for your convenience. The renewed phones usually come with a limited warranty period like 90 days and are much cheaper when compared to buying a boxed edition. They help save a lot of money, and you can also explore multiple options as these refurbished phones are affordable. The older generation flagship phones are as powerful as the current smartphones. Investing in a refurbished model will allow you to get the best experience without having to spend a small fortune on a smartphone. Besides, they will also last for years, just like a new smartphone as refurbished devices are checked for quality before being sold to customers.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.