Stock trading is a profession for thousands of individuals who mostly work from the comfort of their homes. They spend the majority of their working hours looking at the stock market changes. The best laptops for stock trading should let you take your mind off battery life, display, and performance, as it is a crucial job that requires a lot of attention. The right gadget is mandatory to focus on your work, rather than troubleshooting technical stuff on your laptop.
See also: Best Chromebooks for business
Best laptops for stock trading
An Entry Level, Super Fast Laptop
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop with 15.6-inch HD Display
Acer Aspire 5 slim laptop has made it to the top of the list because it somehow manages to deliver on all fronts. Finding the best laptops for stock trading is not a complex task but individual requirements will vary. The Acer Aspire 5 is more of a balanced device that is a perfect pick for everyone and being budget-friendly, it sweetens the deal further.
The display is large at 15.6-inches with a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The HD resolution allows you to view lots of content at a single glance when compared to lower resolution screens. Under the hood, the laptop is quite powerful and versatile as it uses an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U dual-core processor. The laptop which has 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB NVMe SSD is super-responsive.
An advantage of going with an AMD processor is that it is also coupled with AMD Radeon Vega 3 mobile graphics. The graphical representations found in many stock trading applications and websites can be rendered better because of the integrated graphics chip. It runs on Windows 10 S mode which is probably the only drawback but the battery life is excellent at nearly 7 hours.
What Makes the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop Great for Stock Traders?
- The laptop is affordable and makes it an easy pick even for newbies to stock trading.
- It has SSD storage that is fast and responsive.
- Newcomers who want a reliable laptop for stock trading, the Acer Aspire 5 is slim and has all the connectivity ports. A trader who needs to transfer files, use external hard disks, etc. can do so easily. The SSD also ensures data stability which is a must for serious stock brokers.
A Lightweight Laptop with a Brilliant Display
Asus VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Laptop
The best display is mandatory if you are a serious stock trader because you will mostly be staring 12 hours a day or more at it. The Asus VivoBook 15 wins big in this area because of the near bezel-less design and the large 15-inch display that is magnificent to look at. It is easy on the eyes. Combine it with the new Windows 10 dark mode and you will be able to reduce eye strain. The bezel-less Full HD display lets you view more content on the screen at the same time without any intrusions and keeping track of them all.
Besides, another selling point of this product is its lightweight design. The laptop weighs just 3.5 lbs and you can easily carry it around in one hand. If you are doing stock broking while handling other businesses and always on the move, the slim and lightweight design will come in handy. The product is powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 quad-core processor with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB SSD.
The large SSD storage allows you to keep lots of files in the local drive and access them quickly. The SSD is not prone to any OS malfunction even if the laptop is moved around a lot. The keyboard is backlit so that you can use it in the dark, to glance into the stock charts, candles, and the status of your shares. The connectivity ports are plenty and it also supports Wi-Fi AC. The fingerprint reader provides an additional security layer.
What Makes the Asus VivoBook 15 a Good Choice for Traders?
- The display is bright, bezel-less and ideally allows you to easily view stock trades.
- The fingerprint sensor helps secure Windows login to safeguard your investment and privacy.
- For stock traders who need an extra layer of security, the Asus VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Laptop delivers it with a fingerprint sensor that you can use as a way to log in to websites, into the Windows OS and other apps.
Best Convertible Laptops for Stock Trading
Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
A touchscreen laptop can go a long way in making life easier for the stockbroker. You can also opt for touchscreen-friendly apps on Windows 10 operating system. It is extremely easy to switch between candles, increase or decrease spread as well as do a lot of other activities directly on the display. The Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 lets you get the job done in different ways.
Instead of having to always use it in laptop mode, you can flip it to tablet mode and use it while lying on a bed or couch. The laptop features a large 14-inch full HD display with a 1080p resolution. The device is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 3500U mobile processor and uses Radeon Vega 8 graphics. You can use Photoshop and other designing programs to create flowcharts or presentations that are required in your stockbroking career.
The convertible laptop is also compatible with the Active Pen and Lenovo bundles it along with the product. That is a welcome addition considering you can use it in tablet mode, mark directly on the display and take screenshots which is essential to keep track of multiple stocks. The battery life is equally impressive at nearly 10 hours, allowing you to use it for extended periods.
What Makes the Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop the Best?
- The touchscreen capability and its versatile build is a unique feature.
- Compatibility with the Active Pen
- The laptop has a great battery life and an ample 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB SSD storage to keep all your files safe.
- Traders who need to keep track of their investments. On-screen charts etc. become easier to navigate and mark digitally, for ease of understanding.
A Premium Laptop to View More of Your Stocks
Dell XPS 15.6-inch 4K InfinityEdge Touchscreen Laptop
The Dell XPS 15.6-inch 4K laptop is marketed as a gaming laptop because it is integrated with an NVIDIA1050Ti 4 GB graphics card. From a stock trader’s perspective, going for a laptop with a 4K display not only ensures premium build but also more screen real estate to view lots of content. Everything you need to know can be viewed at a glance, making it easier to keep track of multiple stock investments.
The particular model is quite powerful in terms of hardware specifications as it runs on an 8th generation Intel-Core i5 with 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of SSD storage. The display is the unique aspect of this laptop which is a 15.6-inch 4K panel with InfinityEdge touchscreen. A touchscreen laptop is useful for traders as you can swipe between different screens and monitor changing rates easily.
The display supports 10-finger multi-touch making it intuitive and productive. The Dell XPS is powered by a 1050Ti graphics card allowing you to easily run graphically intensive stock broking applications. There are plenty of new apps and browser-based extensions available these days. It also has connectivity ports ready for the future including a Thunderbolt 3 speed and USB 3.1. The keyboard is backlit making it convenient to be used in dimly lit conditions.
What Makes Dell XPS 15.6-inch 4K a Good Choice for Stock Traders?
- The laptop’s increased screen resolution allows you to view lots of content at a single glance.
- It is a quad-core laptop that can handle intensive applications and multiple software programs without slowing down.
- The Dell XPS 15.6-inch 4K is perfect for seasoned stockbrokers who want nothing but the best. It is a powerful laptop with a 4K touchscreen display that can be used to view multiple screens and run different programs at the same time. If you are looking for a premium laptop with an extensive display, this is the one to go for.
Best Laptops for Stock Trading with Plenty of Storage
Asus VivoBook S Ultra-Thin and Portable Laptop
The size of the laptop you use for stock trading matters a lot because it is very difficult to move around with a bulky device. The Asus VivoBook S ultra-thin laptop delivers in all aspects because it is quite lightweight and can be carried around in your backpack. Another impressive aspect of the device is its storage space because it has 128 GB SSD combined with a large 1TB hard disk for all your files.
Now, you can comfortably download megabytes of large files that have stock trading ideas, practice trades, and other tutorial videos from YouTube. You can save all these files offline and watch them while on the move which makes it a compatible solution for any budding stock trader. Besides, the 15.6-inch 1080p display further adds up to the quality of content you can see on your computer.
An additional security layer is offered by the fingerprint sensor which can also be used to login to Windows. All your private stock files and research material can now be stored safely, locally, without any intrusions wherever you use your laptop. There are many connectivity ports including USB 3.1 and the SD card port. These help in sharing files from any medium. The dual-band Wi-Fi provides better connectivity at airports and hotel rooms when needed.
What Makes the Asus VivoBook S ultra-thin laptop the best?
- The design and display are perfect for a stock trader who has to spend hours reading metrics in the stock market.
- Its large storage space – 1TB, allows you to save all your files offline without any constraints.
- Stock traders who have lots of eBooks and large YouTube video files related to stock trading, to be stored on their device. There is no need to rely on the internet all the time. Besides, you can also make use of the stronger Wi-Fi connectivity to ensure your stock trades are done in time without any connectivity issues.
Durable Laptop for Stock Traders
Asus Zenbook 14 Ultra-Slim Laptop
The Asus Zenbook 14 boasts of lots of innovations from the company. For people who love something new, this premium laptop is ideal. The advantage that a trader will gain is the intuitive 5.65-inch touchpad at the bottom of the keyboard. You can instantly switch between multiple apps using hand gestures and use it as a secondary screen for the primary display.
When trading stocks, there are many moments where you have to take down notes in your handwriting. Some people make use of an Apple Pen or stylus which can be used on their tablets. However, there are very few laptops that allow you to directly do it on the trackpad. The ZenBook, however, is designed to support this new feature so that you can take notes.
The 14-inch HD display is combined with powerful internal specs including an i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD storage space. The trackpad is responsive as it can be used to display the number keypad so that you can quickly enter numbers. For stockbrokers and trading professionals, it is quite useful if you are working on an Excel sheet.
What Makes the Asus VivoBook S Ultra-Thin and Portable Laptop Unique?
- The longevity of this laptop is great and stock traders can you can use it all day long as it has cooling capabilities to maintain the optimum temperature.
- The laptop uses a large trackpad that improves productivity.
- The stock trader who is keen on productivity and wants the very best experience. The large trackpad is handy to do lots of computing, handling of numbers, and stock software programs. It is easy to use and quick to jump between apps. Overall the Asus VivoBook S Ultra-Thin and Portable Laptop has a premium finish ideal for the elite traders.
Best Premium Laptop with a Stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 6
Defining the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is a difficult task because it is a laptop but can also be called a tablet because the keyboard is not permanently attached to it. The most powerful device also happens to be the most versatile and if you can spend close to $1000, this offers the best Windows operating system experience. After all, a lot of work a stock trader does is related to following the share market and its changes.
This product made its way to the list of best laptops for stock trading because of its versatility and the amazingly long battery life. The keyboard cover is fully removable so that you can make use of the touchscreen. The stylus comes in handy whenever needed and you can easily mark stuff on-screen or take notes in your handwriting. It even has a gyroscope like a tablet, making it easier to view apps in different perspectives.
The Surface Pro 6 is powered by an 8th generation Intel i5 processor with 8GB of RAM and has an ample 256GB space. For all your browsing needs and for installing a couple of stock trading apps, the RAM and storage are more than enough. The battery is solid as it can deliver more than 13 hours of video playback and it weighs just 1.70 lbs making it easy to carry around.
What Makes the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Stand Out?
- The slim design and hybrid nature of the laptop allow you to carry it on a plane or anywhere to work.
- Stock traders can usually afford the higher price tag which delivers the best-in-class battery life.
- Seasoned stockbrokers who need a reliable and super-powered laptop on the go. Apart from being able to use stock apps and browse on the go, you can also use the stylus to mark content easily. The battery life gives you a long screen on-time that can keep you entertained, especially during long flights, etc.
Durable and Assured OS Updates for Hassle-Free Computing
Apple MacBook Air 13-inch Laptop
The Apple MacBook Air 13-inch laptop has been around for a long time now. The advantage of going for MacOS is that Apple controls both the hardware and software. For users who need the best laptops for stock trading with long-term durability, the MacBook Air should comfortably last you three years. There are even people who use it for five years. The longevity of this laptop gets you the most value for your money.
The hardware specifications hardly matter but if you like to know, this previous generation Air is powered by a 1.8 GHz dual-core Intel i5 processor. A newer variant of the same will cost much higher which is something you can decide based on your budget. It has 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB SSD and the overall performance is always top-tier because of the macOS operating system. Besides, you will always get amazing speed and responsiveness.
Apple sends you operating system updates from time to time. The laptop has plenty of ports with USB port, SD card reader, and many more which is something you won’t get in a new-generation MacBook Air model. Unlike a Windows laptop, the experience varies, but for stockbrokers who need more reliability, the MacBook Air has a great OS.
What Makes the Apple MacBook Air 13-inch Laptop Reliable?
- The OS software and hardware are designed to deliver uninterrupted, responsive performance.
- Storage on SSD is faster, reliable and long-lasting.
- If you are already using MacOS or need a durable long-lasting laptop, the Apple MacBook Air 13-inch is a good choice. The pricing is on the higher end but it shouldn’t matter for stock traders who need a reliable device. Besides, it lasts much longer and gives you the best output for the investment made.
A Budget-Friendly Laptop with a Touchscreen
HP 17.3-inch Touchscreen Notebook Laptop
A touchscreen laptop goes a long way in making life easier for professionals who are involved in dealing with the stock market. The Windows 10 stock app is just one of the many programs that make use of the interface. You no longer have to manually browse through different tabs but can switch using your fingertip. The HP 17.3-inch laptop has a large enough display to favor usage.
The laptop is powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 A9 processor with AMD Radeon R5 graphics card in-built. A lot of stockbroking applications make use of the graphical user interface to make it easier to manage multiple stock investments. The graphics card will help handle it efficiently while the ample 12 GB of RAM and the large 1TB hard disk makes it all the more productive.
The HP laptop makes use of fast Wi-Fi AC connectivity for faster download and internet browsing speeds. The design is nothing innovative but the WLED Backlit display is great for both work and entertainment. The laptop runs on Windows 10 operating system that is designed for touchscreen usage and you can also comfortably download all your apps from the store.
What Makes the HP 17.3-inch Touchscreen Notebook Laptop Desirable?
- The touchscreen capability allows you to easily handle stock trading apps.
- It is affordable for most stock traders and normal users.
- Stockbrokers who need to quickly switch between multiple apps, make use of connectivity ports to transfer content while staying within their budget. The HP 17.3-inch Touchscreen Notebook Laptop stands out in terms of performance, touchscreen intuitiveness and is priced right.
Highly Productive Laptop for Stock Trading
Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop
A convertible laptop is handy for stock traders because you may have to view the share market changes for hours at a stretch. Instead of being in an upright position all day long, the Acer Spin 3 convertible laptop allows you to enjoy great comfort while getting all the work done. The active stylus included with the laptop allows you to use it in tablet mode, take notes, and mark items that should be reviewed later.
The device is powered by an 8th generation Intel i7 processor making it fast and responsive. It has 16 GB of DDR4 RAM combined with 512 GB of SSD storage. The NVMe is super-fast and reliable when it comes to storing all your trading details in the local drive. It also helps to keep the files saved on the cloud for access anytime, anywhere. The 14 inches display is a bright 1080p screen and uses IPS for great viewing angles.
The Acer Spin 3 can be used in both laptop and tablet mode with a flip. With the touchscreen, you can use apps, mark share trades, and stock changes while on the go. The stylus further simplifies the process, letting you be more productive while relaxing. The stylus is super-responsive, works with external tools like a scale to be used on the screen and can be stored inside the laptop.
What Makes the Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop a Strong Pick?
- Among other things such as being lightweight and faster in processing data, it has a stylus that is useful to mark and browse through various stock options.
- The tablet mode reduces the effort needed to access your apps to view a quick share market update.
- Any stock trader who needs a long battery life and a useful touchscreen. An additional stylus makes it easier to work fluidly on the laptop. The Acer Spin 3 is a solid laptop that lets you work all day on it without any problems.
An All-Powerful, Sturdy Laptop with Gorilla Glass
HP Spectre 13.3-inch Laptop
There are plenty of things to like about the HP Spectre 13.3-inch laptop because it delivers on all fronts, making it an ideal fit for a stock trader. The laptop features a compact 13.3-inch display with a Full HD 1080p resolution and you can view all your stock numbers with clarity. Under the stylish build, it is powered by an 8th generation Intel i7 processor which is paired with 16 GB of RAM. It has a massive 512 GB NVMe SSD making it the most reliable laptop for stock trading.
The choice of storage is large enough to store all your files and at the same time, it is quite responsive when you need quick access to those files. Besides, the laptop justifies its premium price tag by implementing all the latest ports including a Thunderbolt 3 port for fastest data transfer and a USB 3.1 Gen 1 for usual data transfers using a pen drive.
Apart from unique features such as the HP audio boost, the laptop is also ideal for watching stock broking videos and tutorials with improved clarity. The speakers are provided by Bang and Olufsen, reputed for delivering top-quality sound – be it music or long talks. All these features help a stock trader do even better while enjoying great durability offered by the Gorilla Glass on the display.
What Makes the HP Spectre 13.3-inch Laptop Amazing?
- The laptop is highly durable, thanks to the Gorilla Glass display.
- It has a Thunderbolt port useful for fast data transfers.
- Those who want to work with ease. The HP Spectre laptop supports a stylus, uses a Gorilla Glass touchscreen display that lets you work effortlessly. Stocks are displayed on the screen which you can touch to drag, mark using the stylus, and get lots of work done instead of having to solely rely on a mouse or a desktop PC that is a bit cumbersome.
A Compact Convertible That’s Really Affordable
Lenovo Flex 11 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
When you are a newcomer to the world of stock trading, there are some expectations from your first laptop. The Lenovo Flex 11 is a convertible which is quite affordable for most as it costs only about $300 and delivers great value for money. Besides, you can’t carry a large laptop around when you’re on the move, be it on the go to work or to trade in the stock market.
The smaller 11.6-inch display comfortably meets the requirement by being super-easy to carry around. The product weighs 2.75 lbs and it means you will not even feel that you’re carrying it around in your backpack. Despite the small size, it has lots of connectivity ports including an HDMI, USB Type C, USB 3.0, and a card reader allowing you to connect to lots of devices including an additional hard disk if needed.
The compact display allows you to view all your trading content on the screen while the Intel Pentium processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB SSD keeps it responsive at all times. The storage can be extended with an SD card or an external hard drive. The laptop uses an anti-glare display that makes it easy to use in bright sunlight. It also supports Dolby audio for superior sound reproduction.
What Makes the Lenovo Flex 11 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop Excellent?
- The pricing is a huge plus for this product.
- It has a small display and lightweight design making it exceptionally portable.
- For Stock traders looking for the best laptops for stock trading, this is a compact and easy one that can be carried around comfortably. It is light-weight, has a decent screen, and has all the connectivity ports to stay productive wherever you go
Choosing the best laptops for stock trading is simplified with the list given above. A touchscreen display will surely come in handy as you can comfortably swipe between apps. Some laptops are convertible and in tablet mode, using a stylus lets you take notes, mark stock changes, and do your trading better. The expensive laptops are ideal for professional traders whereas the $500 or lesser products are a great solution for those who are still in their early stages of stock trading from home or on the move.