Released just a couple of months ago, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro is already gathering praises. The phone comes with a 6-inch screen offering 18:9 aspect ratio. The AMOLED multi-touch screen has been protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The phone runs on Android 8 Oreo out-of-the-box and offers amazing user experience. Here is a list of best features of Huawei Mate 10 Pro that make this Android phone worth buying.
Features of Huawei Mate 10 Pro
AI Makes the Camera Amazing
Huawei Mate 10 Pro comes with dual rear cameras. One is a 12-megapixel color (RGB) sensor paired with optical image stabilization (OIS) while the second camera has a 20 megapixel black and white sensor and no OIS. What makes it special is that it works with AI. It happens to be one of the best set-ups for pictures that are shot in low-light conditions. Any picture taken is at a resolution of 12 megapixels by default. But this can be increased to 20 megapixels depending on the requirement. The camera of the smartphone automatically adjusts the contrast, exposure, brightness and color of the pictures to make it look more attractive. These adjustments are not filters but automatic settings which have been designed for better the picture quality. The front camera is an 8-megapixel shooter which captures beautiful selfies.
Desktop Mode is Remarkable
Among the best features of Huawei Mate 10 Pro is that you can now use your phone in Desktop Mode. The interface of Huawei smartphones is known as Easy Projection.
- All you need is a USB Type – C cable and an external monitor with an HDMI port.
- Plug in the cable to the HDMI port of the screen and then use the other end of the cable to plug in your Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
- You will get a quick guide on how to use this feature.
- Next, you need to pull down the notification panel and tap on “Touch to Switch to Desktop Mode”.
- The next notification that you need to tap on is the alert which says “Virtual Keyboard and Mouse”. This step makes your phone a touchpad which will control the pointer on the screen. You can do almost everything on the big screen. Refrain from playing games because they don’t seem to work on a big screen.
Next, in the list of best features of Huawei Mate 10 Pro is Eye Comfort feature. The Eye Comfort feature helps in reducing the eye fatigue. With the Eye Comfort on your smartphone will have a yellowish tint rather than the regular bluish tone we usually see. The Eye Comfort feature is best when you are using your phone during the night or when you have been looking at the screen for too long. Here is how you can turn on the feature on your smartphone:
- Settings > Display > Eye Comfort and toggle it on
You also have the option to schedule the time when you want the Eye Comfort feature to be activated – say in the night or evening or when you think you need the Eye Comfort screen.
Privacy with PrivateSpace
With this feature, you can have your own private space where you can access the phone with a different fingerprint. You no longer have to worry about sharing your phone with someone because PrivateSpace lets you hide all your private details. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Security and privacy > PrivateSpace
Then select login and scan your new fingerprint which you want to use to access your PrivateSpace screen.
Microsoft Translator is Quite Handy
Huawei along with Microsoft have come up with an exciting feature. The Microsoft Translator app can be used to translate foreign languages. The Kirin 970 Chip allowing this feature in a better way using less power. You can easily communicate with people in foreign lands.
The translator also translates words and sentences in pictures. For instance, you can click the camera icon and then translate the words on a photo. Then there is the multi-lingual real-time translation which is perfect for your foreign clients who are not acquainted with English. Once you join the conversation with others you just need to hold the mic and record what you want to say and the text will be translated. There can be different translations at one time – German, French, Chinese etc. This is truly one of the most exciting features of Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
Unmatched Battery Life
The 4,000 mAh battery of the Huawei Mate 10 Pro makes it one of the best in its category. There are many things which influence the life of a smartphone’s battery. But Huawei Mate 10 Pro seems to endure all these influencers and still last throughout the day. The battery upholds all types of activities and still stays strong. In fact, if you moderately use your phone or turn it off in the night, then the battery is ought to last one more day.
Besides just being long lasting, the battery can also be charged pretty quickly. The Super Charge technology of Huawei fills in 50% of your smartphone’s fuel in just about 30 minutes. If you wish to save on battery life then follow some battery saving tricks such as use a darker background or close the apps running in the background, etc.
App Twin Lets You Run Two Accounts for One App
The App Twin is one of the most remarkable features of Huawei Mate 10 Pro. It lets you have two accounts for the same app. So, if you have multiple accounts on Facebook or Snapchat or any other social media platforms then you can use them both simultaneously on the same phone. Here is how you can have two accounts by activating App Twin on the smartphone:
- Go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Twin – you will see a list of apps for which you can make a second account. Toggle the switch next to the app. You can now manage your work and private life in a better way.
Lock Your Apps From Sneaking Eyes
We all like to keep our chats private. Some of us are also secretive about pictures or videos. While the phone does have a lock, there may be times when someone has your phone in an unlocked mode. Huawei Mate 10 Pro comes with the feature that will let you lock the app you wish to hide from everyone. Here is what you can do:
- Go to Settings > Security & Privacy > App Lock. As you toggle the feature on you will be prompted for a pattern or PIN and then you can enable fingerprint access for the app.
Many users consider this as one of the best features of Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
If you enable voice commands on your smartphone you can control it to accept or reject calls on your phone. This is not the Google Assistant that we are talking about. This is a feature of Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Here is what you need to do to order your phone from your voice.
- Go to Settings > Smart Assistance > Voice Control > Answer with Voice Control Feature – toggle it on.
The Huawei Mate 10 Pro has a huge 6-inch screen with an 18:9 aspect ratio. There are many apps especially gaming ones which have not come up with this technology yet. So, there are certain games or apps which will not utilize the full screen. You can easily change the aspect ratio for them and play them in full screen for a better experience. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Display > Full-Screen Display > You will find a list of apps for which you can toggle the full screen ON.
If you want to use your phone with one hand, there is a simple solution.
- Go to Settings > Smart Assistance > One-Handed UI – you have two options here Mini Screen View and Shifting Keyboard.
- Tap on Mini Screen View and toggle the feature ON.
Now if you wish to use this feature you just need to swipe towards the right or left on the navigation keys to reduce the size of the screen. If you want your original screen size back then just tap on the empty screen of your phone.
If you don’t want everyone to lay hands on the pictures that you have taken on a certain occasion then Huawei Mate 10 Pro gives you the option to do so. You can easily lock the album that you don’t want others to see. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Gallery app > Swipe to Albums tab > tap on three dots icon which reads More > Select the option Hide Album > Select the album which you want to hide and toggle it ON.
Isn’t it one of the coolest features of Huawei Mate 10 Pro?
Android users love the App Drawer. If you are missing the option you can always get it back. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Display > Home Screen Styles > Draw – toggle the option on.
When you enable the feature, you will see the App Drawer icon just above the navigation key of the Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
With the features listed above, the Huawei Mate Pro 10 exceeds your expectation. Not only the features – the look and performance are also remarkable! It is worth every penny you spend.
See also: How To Fix Huawei P10 Bluetooth Issues