A lot of people are accustomed to using Google Chrome as their browser of choice when surfing online. However, Adobe Flash Player content is no longer supported in Chrome. The good news is that there are browsers out there that can best do the thing for you. Here are some of the browsers you can use for your Android device.
You can download Puffin from the Play Store. Basically, it is able to provide fast browsing experience and offers Adobe Flash Support. The thing with this browser is that it encapsulates Flash technology remotely, which gives mobile users a way to watch Flash content and play games that are browser-dependent.
For advanced Android versions, xScope browser is also a great option. It offers SwipeNav technology to allow easy navigation just by swiping from right to left of the edges of your screen. It is just like flipping through the pages of a book.
It is also possible to extend your battery life on most AMOLED phones by simply darkening the browser. xScope can also support downloading most video, audio, and document formats.
Another fast browser is the Photon browser that can support Flash Player plugin. So, even without downloading the plugin, you can still enjoy using Flash content on your device. It supports games, videos, and websites still using the older Flash Player formats. Moreover, it also supports private and incognito browsing, which allows you to erase your browsing history every time.
For older devices running older versions of Android, you can use Lightning browser. It supports Adobe Flash Player, tabbed Internet browsing, and older Android OS like Froyo or Jelly Bean.
Enabling Flash Player On Google Chrome
For those who want to use the Chrome browser though can set it up to play Flash Player. However, most of the time, you might encounter error messages, such as:
- Couldn’t load plugin
- Plugins were blocked on this site, and
- Flash has been blocked due to outdated browse.
In such cases, you can turn on Flash for Chrome with these easy steps.
- Open Chrome.
- Find the Settings tab on your browser screen and click or tap it.
- Search for the Show Advanced Settings option from the menu.
- Under the Privacy option, click or tap Content Settings.
- Under Flash, select Ask 1st before allowing websites to run Flash.
- Then, at the bottom, click or tap Done.
Always ensure that your browser is up-to-date in order to update your Flash Player plugin as well. You can do this by following these steps.
- Open Chrome.
- Tap or click Settings option.
- Click or tap Update Google Chrome. If in case you can’t see this button, then you are already using the latest version.
- Simply relaunch or reload your browser.
You can also update your Adobe Flash Player plugin by following these steps.
- Open Chrome.
- Type in the address bar: chrome://components and hit Enter.
- Under Adobe Flash Player, click or tap Check for Updates.
- Then, return to the webpage with Flash content. If ever the content wouldn’t load automatically, you can reload it by hitting the Refresh or Reload icon.
Just make sure that your Adobe Flash Player is updated before using the plugin to avoid any security and vulnerability issues. You can visit the official website of Adobe Flash to get started.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.