Android Nougat is still taking its time to reach the various devices that support it, and not only that more affordable one. The ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 is one premium tablet that didn’t get Android Nougat yet, but it will soon. Even though Android O will launch in just a few months’ time (most sources seem to indicate October), the ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 is just now getting an update to Android 7.0 Nougat, which meant that this amazing tablet was running on little old Android Marshmallow thus far.
When the ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 first came out in 2016, its reviews were more than favorable. Many people called it ‘the iPad Air running Android’, which is a bold statement when taking into consideration that the iPad Air is objectively one of the best tablets of all time, and not only from Apple’s roster. Well, as amazing as the ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 might be, it sure did need a refresh, and that’s exactly what it got with this new update to Android 7.0 Nougat. Here are details on the changelog.
- Audio Wizard, Splendid and System update app shortcut removed from the all apps menu.
- Multi-window feature to ease multitasking.
- Tap and hold Recent apps key to activate Multi-window Mode for multitasking.
- Bundled notifications.
- Quick replies function added.
- New Univode 9.0 emojis added to ZenUI Keyboard, as well as new skin tones.
- PC Suite removed.
- Game Genie added.
- Quick Settings now supports multiple pages.
- Lock screen wallpaper slideshow added to display settings.
All in all, the new update to Android 7.0 Nougat makes the ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 even better than it was before. All in all, the tablet is one of the best Android ones we’ve seen thus far.