Many people solved the issue when they removed the protective film from their iPhone 6. It may obstruct the mic, which is why people cannot hear you properly during a phone call.
To find a Noise cancellation setting on your iPhone 6, navigate to Settings, tap on General, and choose Accessibility.
When iPhone 6 microphone not working, you should clear dirt and debris from it. You’ll need a small needle or a toothpick. In most cases, this solves the problem.
To restart your phone, press and hold the sleep/wake button, and when the red slider shows up, drag it to turn the phone off. Press and hold the same button until the Apple logo shows up.
When experiencing some issues with your device including the situation when iPhone 6 microphone doesn’t work, update the iOS software. Make sure that you have enough free space on your iPhone 6. You can upgrade your device wirelessly or via iTunes.
To upgrade your device wirelessly:
- Connect your iPhone 6 to a power source
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Go to Settings, General and tap on Software Update
- Click Download and Install
To upgrade your device via iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone 6 to your computer
- Select your iPhone 6 in the iTunes software
- Choose Check for Update in the Summary panel
- Click Download and Update