Apple is a leading name in the field of technology. Apple products are relatively expensive compared to its competitors. But, the popularity of its products makes it the best seller of the year. There are numerous products of Apple Inc. available in the market including smartphones, iPads, laptops etc. The young generation is the main target for the company as its product are mostly preferred by the teens. To make more sales, Apple has started providing a discount on its products for students. Apple has an education store that focuses on the education market.
See also: What is Amazon Prime Student?
To get Apple student discount you must fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the company. A person is eligible for a discount if he/she belongs to the education background. The discount offer is not limited to teachers and students, it also includes other workers and staff members of the school, college and university. Guardian or parents can also get Apple student discount on behalf of their child. One must fulfil the following criteria for an Apple student discount:
- He/she must be an employee of an educational institution.
- He/she should be attending a post-secondary education centre which may be a public or private institution.
- He/she must be the parent of a student who attends a post-secondary education institution.
If you fulfil the above criteria, then you can apply for the discount. The Apple education stores also provide refurbished Apple products so you should check out both the products on their online store.
How to use the Apple student discount?
To get the Apple discount you need to follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website. If you are buying an Apple product for the institution/university then you must visit the Apple Store for schools and universities.
- Sign up using your email ID and password.
- Enter your name, department of study, institution/university/college, year of study and length of the course. You must have an identity proof of all this data. The Apple store will ask you to provide identification to prove that you are student, parent, teacher or any other worker or staff of the educational institution. Always show the original documentation, no Xerox or photocopy is accepted.
Now check out the list of items you want to buy from the store with the discount pricing. There are great discounts available on the latest MacBook’s and also on the accessories. For more information, you can contact the Apple support centre, they will guide you regarding the process of getting a discount.
How much discount you can get?
The discount is not based on a percentage (10%), separate price tags are set up by the Apple Store for educational purchases. Students usually get about a 15% discount from the Education Store for purchasing Mac computers. MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Mac mini are the most purchased products in the Store. iPads are also available, however, the discount is not as big as for Mac computers but still, you can get a decent discount. Other Apple products like the iPhone and Apple watch are also available but without any discount.
Apple has started a great initiative to increase its market share on electronic devices by providing special discount to students. This has resulted in an increase in the popularity and demand for Mac computers all across the globe. You can also buy a student membership from the Store to get additional benefits for your purchases. But, before making any purchases you should check all other global stores for the pricing of the products.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.