The Japanese company Sony launched Sony Xperia Z2. which is the successor of previously launched Sony Xperia Z1. It is the third phone of the series which carries better specification than the Z1 of course and is priced a bit higher than that. The phone has a Quad Core processor of 2.3 GHz with a RAM of 3 GB to complement the processor. The large 5.2-inch screen makes it looks like a Phablet. The phone has a stunning design and looks brilliant, and the screen gives 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution with a pixel density of 424 which is sure to please your eyes.
The phone looks really promising on the paper but like any other good product, there are some pros and cons. If you are looking forward buying the phone then you must make sure that you read our list of advantages and disadvantages of Xperia Z2.
Advantages and disadvantages of Xperia C3 and other phones such as LG G2, G3, G4, Galaxy series are also discussed in Technobezz.
Advantages and disadvantages of Sony Xperia Z2
Advantages of Sony Xperia Z2
- Camera – The camera of the phone is the biggest advantage of Sony Xperia Z2. The phone has a 20.7-megapixel rear camera which can capture superb pictures and can replace that digital camera of yours. It has a really big sensor which makes sure that the phone is able to take full advantage of the brilliant camera that it possesses. The camera also gives you a variety of image options to make your picture the perfect one.
- Processor – The Sony Xperia Z2 has a 2.3 GHz Quad Core processor on a Snapdragon 801 chipset. It is sure to be able to handle all your multitasking needs. If you are a heavy gamer then rest assured that this phone would be able to tackle all those high-end games that you would want it to run.
- Ergonomics – The phone is really big in size but still the build of the phone is such that you would be able to use it with ease. The phone is not felt over-weighted on any particular part so you can hold it the way you want. The phone is also quite slim at just 8.2 mm thickness, it features a dedicated camera key for your convenience.
- Expandable Memory – One of the other advantages of Sony Xperia Z2 is that it gives you the choice of expanding the memory. The phone features an expandable memory slot to enable you to store all your movies and music and other data that you might want to store.
- Waterproof – The phone has an amazing IP rating of 55/58 which means that the phone can withstand if submerging into water up to 1.5 metres for 30 minutes.
- Battery – The battery of the phone is also quite decent at 3200 mAh. It is enough to keep your phone powered for a full day.
These were the advantages of the Sony Xperia Z2. Now let’s have a look at the disadvantages of Xperia Z2.
Disadvantages of Sony Xperia Z2
- Weight – The phone has an amazing design with all the brilliant hardware specs, but this has put the phone a bit on the heavier side. The phone weighs at 163 grams which is even heavier than the previous phones from the same Z series.
- Port Positioning – The position of the USB port is another disadvantage. The port is present at the side of the device, this sometimes becomes a problem when using the phone while charging.
- Size – The size of the phone can sometimes act as a disadvantage because it is really big and making it enter in the pocket may sometimes be difficult.
- Non-removable Battery – The battery of the phone is not removable. This can come as another disadvantage for the phone because sometimes you might require removing the battery. Now it has been done to make the phone more water resistant as more open ports will mean more places for water to seep in.
- Low Internal memory – The internal memory of the phone is only 16 GB. This can be considered as low given the quality of images and videos that you are going to shoot. So it becomes a compulsion to get that external memory card into your phone.
So these were the advantages and disadvantages of Sony Xperia Z2 that you need to consider before buying this phone.