Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge was the flagship of 2015 and both are doing pretty well in the market now. The main change that Samsung has incorporated in Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is, the plastic frame has been replaced with glass and metal. Also, it is a slim phone that has a thickness of less than 7mm.
This latest successor of Samsung has come with 3GB RAM and octa core Exynos processor. According to Samsung, this S6 Edge is more power efficient (30%) than the previous versions. The two main improvements that have been noticed in this new set are the battery efficiency and great performance.
Though this set came with many improved features but it is obvious that everything comes with some faults also. Both the advantages and disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge are described here.
Advantages and disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- This smartphone came with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop that has excellent features and it makes the phone’s performance better.
- It has a big screen of 5.1 inch, super AMOLED capacitive touch screen. The benefits of super AMOLED touch screen is that it offers higher contrast levels, faster reaction speed, clearer display and better color production due to the self emitting diode. Also, the screen is curved at one edge.
- High performance Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 processor with 3GB RAM has made the performance of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge faster and prominent.
- Nano SIM feature is another extra benefit which can be accessed by the finger print sensor.
- The back body of the set is constructed with corning Gorilla glass 4 and also it is protected with the same glass. Corning gorilla glass 4 is made for rougher falls as this is two times tougher than any other glass available in the market. It provides excellent damage resistance and it is perfect for all those users who accidentally drop the phone very frequently.
- Camera is the other feature that most youngsters look for when they want to buy a smartphone. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is perfect for them as it came with 16 MP rear camera and 5MP front camera. The various features of the camera are: optical image stabilization, autofocus, touch focus, face detection, panorama, dual video call, LED flash, Geo-tagging and Auto HDR. Also you can record HD videos of 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps and 720p@120fps.
- Accelerometer, heart rate, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer and gesture are some of the sensors available in this smartphone. These sensors do great help such as heart rate measures the pulse rate while others are made to provide other health related information.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge also supports ANT+ features that are very useful for several tasks to be done efficiently.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB, 3G connection, 4G connection and NFC
- An inbuilt drive with 115 GB cloud storage is a great facility
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comes in many color variants such as White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz.
So the list of advantages of Galaxy S6 Edge is huge but of course everything comes with some flaws and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is no exception to that. It has some disadvantages too and these are explained below.
- This phone does not have any memory card slot. Though there is enough memory space but still it is a drawback and those who are looking for a phone with expandable memory, Galaxy S6 Edge will be not suitable for them.
- The battery is not removable. This is also a problem as there might be some situation when you want to remove the battery.
- No FM radio is available in this set.
- Galaxy S6 Edge is not resistant to water and dust so you should handle it with great care.
But if you ignore the above disadvantages as those are manageable, this phone is really a great set that has great performance and excellent speed, high quality camera, great capacity of battery and bigger display than other Samsung smartphones and it is really worth to buy.
Hope this list of advantages and disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge will help you to make a decision whether to buy it or not.