Two days ago, the prototype photos of Microsoft’s Smartphones: Lumia 950 and 950 XL circulated on the Internet. The photos were clear, so we can see the details. There were 6 mysterious things from leaked images of Lumia 950 and 950 XL you probably missed out.
On the left side is Lumia 950 XL and on the right is Lumia 950, these prototypes are in black color. The interesting things from the front side images are:
- These Lumias adopt dual SIM like most of today’s Microsoft smartphones
- These Lumias have a wide bezel, while the other smartphones have reduced the bezel to minimize the phone’s dimension.
- There is no capacitive button and all are inside the system. Seems it will be the new standard of Windows 10 device, so, every change possibility will be easier to be applied. For example, if they want to change the search icon with Cortana, it will be simpler.
- These Lumias will adopt a flat display. Seems that Microsoft is not interested for the curved display as it became a trend since iPhone 6.
- They place the front facing camera differently. The 950 XL’ camera is placed on the top left corner and for 950 is on the left side of the earpiece, more symmetrical.
4 Mysterious Things I Found On the First Photo
- Maybe, these photos were taken in different places. It’s seen from the languages used on the start screens. On Lumia 950 XL, it uses English language and on 950 uses China language system. Moreover, the background of both were also different.
- There is one mysterious part on Lumia 950 XL, which is predicted as an irish scanner for Windows Hello. But, it’s still a mystery because it can be only an LED flash for the front facing camera. The Windows Hello feature will come to these Lumias.
- Are these Lumias adopt no gap bezel design? Because, on that photos, it’s seen the LCD and Bezel looks blended.
- I didn’t see the volume and power button on its sides, both on Lumia 950 XL or 950 photos. It’s weird.
These are the back case photos of Lumia 950 XL and 950. The interesting description of these photos are:
- The logo of Microsoft is in silver color and without the word “Microsoft”. This is the effort to advance the brand image of their logo.
- They adopt the triple LED flash. These are the first phones that use the triple LED flash, right? (Correct me if I am wrong)
- Unfortunately, these Lumias use a mono speaker close to the camera and it’s small.
- Both camera designs are different and the 950 XL’s camera looks better, in which the triple LED and camera lens are covered by glass.
- Lumia 950 XL and 950 adopt the pureview technology and Carl Zeiss lens, which usually used on Nokia.
2 Mysterious Things I found On The Second Photo
- There’re 5 small holes on Lumia 950 XL which seems to be the additional microphones; while on Lumia 950 there’s only 1 additional microphone, which is usually used for noise cancelation. These additional microphone holes are interesting. Are they used to get a better Siri capability, like a voice recognition as it’s adopted by Siri on iOS 9?
- The other unseen thing is the USB type-C under the phone, and the removable battery inside. What do you think about that?