If your iPod touch can’t connect to the App Store, don’t worry because this problem can be easily solved. There are a couple of simple workarounds you can try. Here are 5 ways to fix iPod touch can’t connect to App Store all explained in details, so let’s get started.
See also: 5 Ways To Fix IPod Error 1429
5 ways to fix iPod touch can’t connect to App Store
Solution No.1: Check the connection
When having issues like this one is, you may easily forget to check the basics, such as the Internet connection. Here are a couple of things to try:
- Switch the network – if you have been using Wi-Fi, try the mobile network.
- Turn Wi-Fi on/off
- Reset your router – turn it off, wait for a couple of seconds, and turn it back on.
Solution No.2: Check Date & Time
What you need to do here is to check if the time zone, date, and time on your iPod touch are correct. To do this, navigate to Settings > General > Date & Time.
Solution No.3: Restart your device
Restart can fix all kinds of issues, including this one. To restart your iPod touch, press and hold the power button, and when slider appears, move it to the right to turn the device off. When it’s off, press and hold the power button again, and turn it on.
Solution No.4: iTunes and App Store – sign out and back in
When iPod touch can’t connect to App Store, try this:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on iTunes & App Store
- Sign out
- Type your password and log in again.
Solution No.5: iOS software update
Users who didn’t have the latest iOS software version installed experienced the problem with the App Store, and as soon as they downloaded and installed the latest version, everything worked normally. There are two methods you can use to update iOS: wirelessly, or using iTunes, but before you begin, make sure to back up your iPod.
To update iOS wirelessly:
- Connect your iPod touch to the power source, and to a Wi-Fi network
- Open the Settings App
- Tap on General
- Tap on Software Update
- Download and Install.
To update iOS using iTunes:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes software installed
- Connect your iPod touch to your computer using the cable that came with your iPod
- Select your iPod in iTunes
- Click on Check for Update in the Summary panel.
- Download and Update.
These 5 ways to fix iPod touch can’t connect to App Store were useful for many other people who had the same issue, and we are sure you will find them useful as well, which means you’ll be able to connect to the App Store to update the apps, and download many new, exciting ones.