If you wanted to restore or update your iPod, but you got an iPod error 1429 you will have to get rid of it first in order to finish what you have started. These kind of errors happen usually when computer cannot connect to the server, or because it has the older software version. We’ll try to help you out with the suggestions we have prepared, so check 5 ways to fix iPod error 1429, and hopefully you’ll this problem. Here are the potential solutions.
5 ways to fix iPod error 1429
Solution No.1: Restart your computer and your iPod
To restart your iPod, press and hold the power button (sleep/wake button), and when the slider appears, drag to turn the device off. To turn it back on again, press and hold the same button. Restart your computer as well, and then try to update or restore again.
Solution No.2: Unplug USB devices you don’t need
This means that you should unplug all USB devices from your computer, except your mouse and your keyboard. This often solves the problem.
Solution No.3: Update your OS
No matter which OS you are using, whether it’s Windows or Mac, If OS is not up to date, it may be the reason why the iPod. error appeared. That is why you should try this solution.
Solution No.4: Security software
For many users, security software was the actual problem. There are a couple of things you can do here in order to fix iPod error 1429.
- Update the security software, and they try to restore or update again
- Turn the software off, and later, when you finish the task, turn it back on.
- If the previous two suggestions didn’t solve the issue, what you need to do is to remove the software from your computer, and then try again.
Solution No.5: Update iTunes
Every time you want to restore or update your iPod, or any other iOS device, such as iPad or iPhone via iTunes, the software should be up to date, and that’s how you can avoid these kind of issues. To update iTunes:
- Mac – Open the software and from the menu bar choose iTunes. Click on the option Check for Updates, and follow the steps to get the latest version.
- Windows – Open the software, and from the menu bar select Help. Click on the option Check for Updates, and follow the steps to get the latest version.
Some users never had this kind of problem, while the ones who did, were able to solve it with one of 5 ways to fix iPod error 1429.